In general, the Production Supervisor role is responsible for managing a production team in a manner that emphasizes safety and efficiency within a busy team environment. At Norbord we live health and safety aboveboard without compromise, as the successful candidate you will be responsible for ensuring your team believes safety is a value. Other responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for leading and demonstrating the importance of safety to all team members, communicating to team members that compliance to all safety practices are mandatory, non-compliance will not be tolerated.
Safe and efficient day to day operations of the mill during 12 hour shifts.
Ensures team members are at their operating stations on time and operating equipment to company standards. Responsible for the security of the plant and all equipment during normal working hours.
Responsible for housekeeping during shift hours and making rounds on a regular basis.
Assists the process technicians in maintaining board quality throughout the manufacturing process.
Reviews all finished products in the warehouse and ensures it is up to company standards.
Maintains full communication with the mill at all times through radio and log books.
Keeps accurate records of time books, log books, production reports, downtime and equipment breakdown. Makes necessary reports in a timely manner.
Ensures all team members are aware of the location of fire equipment and is familiar with the proper fire fighting procedures to fight various types of fires.
Ensures all new employees are trained in the safe operation of plant equipment based on company standards.
Responsible for ensuring that company rules and guidelines are adhered to, and provides direction and discipline if required.
As the ideal candidate, you have. Advanced communication skills (both verbal and written) are a requirement. A dedication to a professional team environment with an emphasis on safety is essential.
Education and Experience
· Minimum 2 year degree
· Minimum of 5 years of recent supervisory work experience in a fast paced manufacturing environment. (wood products industry preferred)
· Advanced communication skills (both verbal and written) are a requirement. Experience reading blueprints required
· Proven ability to Coach and Mentor front line associates.
· A combination of higher education and experience will be taken into consideration
Minimum qualifications required to successfully perform these roles. These are the qualifications that are necessary for someone to be considered for the position. A reasonable accommodation may be allowed for some aspects of the role as determined by Human Resources.
Minimum qualifications include:
· Eligible to legally work in the United States
· 2 Year Degree or significant industry experience in leadership capacity
· Willing and able to work a 12-hour rotating schedule which will include nights, weekends and holidays
· Willing and able to work on an emergency call-in basis as required
· Ability to work as part of a team and deliver value to the team
All roles require a person to work in working conditions such as heat, cold, snow, rain, ice, frost, humidity, severe storms and so forth. Special working conditions include regular evening and weekend work, shift work, working outdoors, working as a team regardless of challenge, and so forth. Exposure to noise, dirt, grease, water and sawdust is common.
· Standing/walking - working on feet standing or walking constantly
· Pushing/pulling - may be required to push/pull up to 200 lb. logs dependent upon individual strength. (Can get help in many cases)
· Climbing - frequent climbing up and down from lift truck/ladders/stairs and such
· Lifting - lifting up to 50 lbs. (from floor to shoulder height); lifting up to 75 lbs. (can get help in many cases)
· Carrying up to 50 lbs. at least 40 feet
· Able to reach at various angles on a regular basis
· Able to grasp lightweight material (less than 5 lbs.) on a regular basis
· Stooping and bending on a regular basis
· Kneeling/crawling on a regular basis
· Able to navigate catwalks
· Able to work at heights up to 150 feet above the ground
· Able to work in confined spaces
Position is exempt. Rate of pay is DOE. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Norbord Inc. is an international producer of wood-based panels Headquartered out of Toronto, Ontario, Canada, Norbord Operate 17 manufacturing facilities in the United States, Europe and Canada. We manufacture Oriented Strand Board in the United States, Canada and Europe. In addition, we manufacture MDF, particleboard and furniture in Europe.
At Norbord, a commitment to safety, quality and customer service has earned us a reputation as a leading producer of wood based panels. As demand for Norbord’s products grow, we continually seek bright and talented people in all areas of our business. With competitive salaries and benefits and company profit-sharing, Norbord offers one of the strongest and innovative compensation packages in the industry.
Norbord is committed to providing its employees with the training, skills, and opportunity to achieve their highest potential. Norbord offers the opportunity to excel, express ideas, and make a profound impact within our team driven organization.
If you are a team player who takes pride in a job well done and want to make a real impact at the place you work, look into a career with Norbord. You will like what you see.
Norbord is an equal opportunity employer
Role: Production Supervisor
Apply for this job now.