Full Time Specialist Needs Teaching Assistant
Based in Torfaen Secondary School
Support ASD & Aspergers on a 1:1 basis
Teaching Personnel are working in partnership with a secondary school in Cwmbran to recruit a special needs teaching assistant full time for after half term. The headteacher has identified a number of students who will need additional support following the current pandemic. It's essential that the teaching assistant makes the transition back to school as easy as possible whilst managing their emotions and behaviour.
The successful teaching assistant will be based in the schools Special Needs Resource Base that caters for a wide range of needs ASD, down syndrome, cerebral palsy, SEMH, PMLD and phyisical disabilties. You will be joining a large support team that excel in driving pupils learning and development. This department play a key role in supporting the pupils with special education needs and learning difficulties within the school. The role requires you to work within the mainstream classroom as well as the SNRB.
The ideal SEN teaching assistant:
- Experience with SEN (personal, voluntary or professional)
- Have a understanding or experience supporting ASC, ADHD, SEMH, MLD, SLD or PMLD
- Experience offering pastoral and creative support for students who present anxiety or disengaging behaviours
- Calm nature and proactive approach
What you need:
- Enhanced Child only DBS
- Registration with the education workforce council
- 2 latest professional references
- full time availability
If you are interested in the role then please apply via the link today!
**Interviews are to be held ASAP via Zoom**