Spencer Clarke Group are working closely alongside Northumberland County Council to provide them a with a Finance Manager to join their team on a Contract Basis!
Full Time position.
Start date 2/11/2020!
Rate - £31.23 per hour (negotiable dependent upon experience- Please submit CV with rate Required)
- Proactively manage and, in conjunction with the relevant Corporate Leadership Team Member, delegate and direct the financial, human (including sub-contractors), and physical resources of the service to effectively achieve corporate objectives.
- To act as Deputy to the Service Director - Finance.
- Effectively and efficiently manage a team of Financial, managers and sub-contractors, overseeing the delivery of services on a day-to-day basis.
- Ensure that an efficient, high quality and cost effective service is delivered, which may include commissioning of services to provide additional professional support, to ensure the delivery of the Council's agreed priorities.
- Provide professional advice to and develop working relationships with elected members, Corporate Leadership Team, on strategic matters, relating to Finance, including contributing to the preparation of Service Plans and Service Reviews and to contribute to the preparation of, and take a lead on, substantial elements of the service.
- Calculate and advise the Service Director - Finance on the impact of changes to central government funding mechanisms and the potential impact upon council tax, business rates and rent levels.
- Continuously ensure that the service operates effective performance management procedures and that both staff and service development is fully supported through appraisal, training and development.
- Develop systems that effectively link in with the ethos of the Corporate Plan and the corporate financial and human resources strategies.
- Effectively supervise staff by co-ordinating and delegating work, as appropriate, providing clear guidance and motivating multi-skilled and multi-disciplined teams to achieve service objectives.
- Implement quality standards, planning and workforce development processes, within the service and assist in the recruitment, selection, induction, discipline, training and development of staff across all Council services, as appropriate.
- Maintain and ensure effective management, communication systems and processes within the service.
- Continuously promote and review effective partnership arrangements, for the delivery of high quality services, through effective and constructive relationships with colleagues and external contacts.
- Continuously review effective joint working and planning with all relevant external agencies, so as to promote effective collaboration and to maximise the Council's role, function and influence in relation to all aspects of service provision, including actively promoting the role of the service and Council at local, regional and national level.
- Be an integral member of the Corporate Resources Management Team, which leads and fully participates in the strategic planning and management processes for all Council services.
- Degree level, higher degree, professional qualifications from a recognised Finance related Chartered Institute, plus recent and relevant post qualification training, additional qualifications and experience in a relevant context.
- Evidence of experience of working successfully in partnership with public and private sector organisations
- Experience in using Oracle or other ERP applications
If you wish to be put forward for this role, please app