Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Meetings & Events USA is looking for an organized and polished individual to provide administrative support for our team. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter and enthusiastic team player!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist Event Managers and Meetings & Events USA team with administrative support
- Manage project timelines and responsibility for assisting managers with meeting deadlines and staying on task (currently using Monday.com for project management)
- Perform extensive vendor research and maintain vendor contracts
- In-depth experience with understanding entire MS Office suite
- Make travel arrangements, such as making hotel and restaurant reservations, etc.
- Produce RFP documents for potential venues, meetings, workshops, regional programs, etc.
- Create Surveys for onsite and compile the data post-conference
- Manage client emails and respond to general inquiries
- Manage conference advance registration including website or registration software
- Manage membership database including annual dues renewals
- Manage meeting apps including setting up and loading content
- Process Exhibit/Sponsorship Contracts, Maintain Reports and Prepare/Distribute Confirmation Letters
- Answer phones, route calls to appropriate team member and take messages
- Manage company website including social media
- Desire to be proactive
- Must be able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Execute other tasks and duties relevant to the position, as they emerge
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 2 years prior administrative office experience preferred
- Previous nonprofit association experience valued
- Familiarity with event management and speaker management software is a plus!
- Ability to travel (minimal travel required)
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written with a strong attention to detail
- Extremely organized with strong time management skills, the ability to consistently achieve desired results, manage multiple tasks, set priorities and set high personal standards
- A self-directed individual who also works well in a team environment