General Position Summary:
The incumbent's primary responsibility is to process all inbound and outbound shipments for the following business lines; domestic & international household goods, commercial, logistics, and containers (UMCS). In addition, the incumbent will be required when directed by the supervisor to perform labor functions “in the field”. In addition they must have sound communication skills both verbal and listening. He or she must consistently report to work timely with a positive “can do” attitude, and be willing to work as a team with other members of the warehouse and service He/she must have the ability to continuously prioritize various day to day job duties and have the ability to make timely and accurate decisions.
Essential Functions / Major Responsibilities:
· Required to complete all training as directed by their supervisor including the Household class room training.
· Strictly adhere to all safety requirements per OSHA and company policy.
· .Assist in facility clean-up and equipment inventory control on a daily basis.
· Adhere to all company policies and procedures relating to Employee Handbook and Warehouse Manuals.
· Promptly communicate any potential problems, incidences or occurrences effecting the daily operations and management of the department to your immediate supervisor.
· Develop and maintain a positive and productive working relationship with management, co-workers, team members, contractors and customers with the Company's best interests as a top priority.
· Demonstrate a willingness to improve job related skills, be responsive to directions, accept constructive feedback and show flexibility and creativity in completing work assignments.
· Adhere to all company policies and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook and in any Departmental Manual.
· Accept and perform additional job duties, assignments or projects as directed by your immediate supervisor or management for the betterment of the Company.
Specific Job Skill / Requirements:
· Ability to communicate and interact with effectively with people of various levels in an effective and professional manner.
· Excellent organizational skills to efficiently perform daily work activities.
· Must have good problem solving skills and make sound business decisions.
· Ability to efficiently handle multiple tasks and responsibilities simultaneously.
· Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as being a good listener.
· Ability to work independently and complete assignments with minimal supervision.
· Customer service driven with the ability to meet customer needs in a timely fashion.
· Ability to work under the pressures of time constraints in a fast paced work environment.
· Must be able to become properly certified and to safely operate warehouse power equipment.
· Demanding, fast-paced work environment.
· Work hours are generally Monday through Friday with flexibility in work schedule for start and finish times as determined by supervisor as well as occasional overtime as necessary including nights and/or weekends.
· Must be able to lift unassisted up to 75 lbs. regularly throughout the work day.
· Varying inside and outside weather and temperature conditions.
General Position Summary
This is a position in the Commercial Services Division responsible for the assistance of local planned deliveries, pickups, or any commercial moves scheduled for him or her to perform The incumbent's primary responsibility is to ensure all services under their control during assigned projects and/or relocations are executed consistent with written agreed upon purchase order and/or signed move agreement. In addition, the incumbent is responsible for ensuring all additional service requests are outlined and agreed upon in a signed addendum prior to services being provided. He/she must have the ability to continuously prioritize various day to day job duties and have the ability to make timely and accurate decisions.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities
•Incumbent will play the crew lead role on projects as assigned by Operations.
•Will be the main point of contact to the customer when assigned as the crew leader.
•Insure all necessary equipment that will be needed for the project is checked out, accounted for, and returned at the end of the project.
•Report to work as designated through Operations, Monday-Friday, and some weekend work may be required.
•Must become and maintain UVL driver qualification.
•Review all work orders at dispatch counter before leaving office.
•Review routes and directions before leaving office.
•Check-out and in designated trucks and/or equipment when applicable.
•Keep truck clean, organized, and free of debris. Remove all trash, new and used materials, and return to the proper areas.
•Properly secure, use Commercial equipment correctly and pad-wrap all necessary items after each stop.
•Assist in preloading of deliveries one day prior.
•Communicate to all customers and Operations if you would be arriving late to a jobsite.
•Fuel all unleaded trucks after each use.
•Report all accidents immediately to the safety department and Operations.
•Report all injuries immediately to Safety, Human Resource, and Operations departments.
•Attend and actively participate in the monthly employee meetings.
•Report any criminal behavior to Operations immediately.
•Strive to attain EXCELLENCE in customer service.
•Have a thorough understanding of the company's Core Values - TEAM; Trust, Empowerment, Accountability, and Mesh.
•Accept and perform additional duties, assignments or projects as directed by your immediate supervisor or management for the betterment of the company.
•Must have strong leadership skills with the ability to work independently without direct supervision.
· Communicate effectively with all point people; contractors, operations, customer service, project managers, vendors, customers and sales representatives.
•Promote additional services while actively managing assigned projects.
•Promote safety in the workplace to maximize employee morale and limit company liability.
•Develop and maintain a positive and productive working relationship with managers, co-workers, team members and customers.
•Demonstrate a willingness to improve related skills, responsiveness to directions and constructive feedback, showing flexibility and creativity in completing work assignments.
•Adhere to and promote all company policies and procedures relating to the Employee and Departmental Manual.
•Additional job duties to be assigned as the company deems necessary.
•Continue to participate and educate him/herself in regards to systems furniture installation. Both as an installer and move manager.
Specific Job Skills
•Excellent organizational skills.
•Ability to handle multiple projects and responsibilities.
•Excellent communications skills, both written and oral.
•Ability to effectively facilitate meetings and lead a large service team.
•Must be proficient in windows, word, excel, and e-mail.
•Excellent problem solving and decision making skills.
•Customer service driven with the ability to execute.
•Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
Education and/or Experience
•High School Graduate or Higher
•Minimum of 2 years in commercial moving or related industry.
•Demanding fast-paced work environment.
•Ability to lift up to 75 lbs. on a regular basis. Greater weights on occasion.
•Flexibility in work schedule i.e. must be available as required by customer needs including nights and weekends.
•Must maintain a valid driver's license at all times.
•Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
•Extensive local travel to customer site required.
Role: Warehouse Associate
Apply for this job now.