$70000.00 to $75000.00 yearly
Robert Half Finance and Accounting is offering an opportunity with an expanding Non-Profit company for a full-time Staff Accountant position. This position can offer you strong compensation, excellent benefits, and career advancement. To succeed in this role, you will need to prepare journal entries, monthly and year-end closings, bank reconciliation, fixed asset maintenance, and general ledger reconciliation and be responsible for many aspects of internal reporting during the monthly close. Participation in compliance, interaction with our external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits, and reviewing schedules reporting processes are also expected tasks.
- Conduct month end close and compose journal entries
- Manage intercompany billings, transactions, and reconciliation
- Support the month end, quarter end and year end closing process, which includes monthly financial close workbook preparation
- Impromptu reporting and special projects, when requested
- Manage schedules for capital lease and monthly payments
- Produce analyses for monthly balance sheets and income statements for reporting by management
- Maintain depreciation, fixed asset ledgers, and reconciliation
- Thorough experience with month end balance sheet account reconciliations
If interested in the role send resume to Ben Turnbull at Robert Half. Job Requirements:
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance or Related Field, and a minimum of 3 years experience with budgets and grants
- Experience in nonprofit accounting
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Proven analytical skills - defining problems, collecting relevant data, drawing valid conclusions, and recommending improvement/corrective actions
- Attention to detail and demonstrated ability to follow standard procedures is a requirement
- Budget forecasting experience
- Month end closings experience
- Well-founded grasp of contracts
- Expense reports experience
- Proven knowledge of Grant Management
- Invoice Approvals experience preferred
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was No. 1 on Forbes’ annual ranking of America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.