Software Development Director / CTO
Food Alert (Part of the Citation Group)
Location: Based at the London office in Earls Court, with travel in London and the UK.
Salary: £80,000 to £100,000 per annum p>
We are the Citation Group. We offer colleagues and clients an opportunity they will not gain at many other businesses. We are interested in growth, investment and service excellence, we have never and will never grow our business by cost cutting or tying people up in bureaucracy. We don't do politics - we want people focused upon actions and delivery. We don't do micro-management - we empower, support and innovate. We are leaders, not empire builders and we love our business. p>
This is a really exciting to join us as CTO of our most recently acquired business - Food Alert. Already a successful business, it has lots more potential and we will invest for growth. With double digit growth year on year for the past six years across all of our ten businesses, this is a great opportunity for the right person to come grow with us and make a real impact. p>
We are looking for a business leader who is an expert in technology. Working in partnership with the business you will lead and define the software development roadmap that is vital to our growth. From leadership of software developers to the project management and delivery of the technology product roadmap, this is a really exciting time to join our business. Client focused, results driven and action orientated, you will have brilliant interpersonal skills and relish the prospect of adding real value to a fast growth business with big ambitions. But do not worry, you will not be on our own and you will not stagnate, there are technology and leadership experts right across the Group that you can draw on and you will be part of this wider technology team too. p>
So, if you want to empire build and micro-manage an IT team and spend a ton of money on projects that don't actually deliver in operational practice what they promise on a project plan, this role is not for you. However, if you believe that IT empower business success and you want your team to be an integral part of that success, then this could be the ideal role for you. p>
You will be part of a senior team that has your back. Together we will work through challenges and opportunities across our business devising efficient and effective solutions that deliver value. You will be comfortable juggling lots of plates and working interchangeably at a strategic, tactical and operational level. p>
* Responsible for a small inhouse team of Software Engineers, Client Support and the Offshore Development Team.
* Providing end-to end project management relating to Food Alert's software products: defining product strategies, gathering accurate requirements and overseeing software development, working closely in conjunction with the Managing Director.
* Having an awareness of the software products' position within the wider marketplace, carrying out competitive analysis to drive future developments.
* Overseeing and managing software integration projects.
* Managing the company's CRM software.
* Managing and implementing the company's IT Development Roadmap.
* In conjunction with the IT Client Support Administrator, supporting the upkeep and maintenance of our IT network, telecoms, systems and security, as well as proactive issue monitoring.
* With the Finance Director, reviewing IT budgets and planning future spending.
* Regularly reviewing our IT infrastructure to ensure that we get the best value and ensure the best return on investment.
* Working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to refine products and to support with the production of marketing and sales collateral.
* Attending conferences and other trade events in order to promote the software products.
* Presenting in client pitches and supporting with new business proposals.
* Providing internal and external demonstrations and training sessions.
* Encouraging a continual improvement process within the software development team.
* Listening and addressing client and Consultant feedback in relation to the software products
* Other responsibilities relevant to the purpose of the role as required by the Managing Director.
* Ensuring emergency support arrangements are in place to maintain the network and services.
* Ensuring hardware is adequately maintained. p>
What are we looking for?
Someone with hands on Software Development experience (MSsql, .Net, angular tooling) p>
If this sounds like you, we would love you to get in touch! p>
Role: Software Development Director / CTO
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
Location: London, England, England
Apply for this job now.