Porsche is one of the world's most iconic brands and they are seeking a Vehicle Technician for their prestigious Reading car dealership.
The Role of Vehicle Technician
You will be reporting to the Porsche Service Team Manager and be responsible for carrying out maintenance and repair of vehicles in line with Porsche repair process, meeting customer expectations, whilst ensuring commercial and operational requirements are considered at all times.
Core Specific Responsibilities as Vehicle Technician
• Review the customer's requirements provided by the Service Advisors/Executive, ensuring sufficient information is provided to complete the repair
• Ascertain parts required to resolve the customer issue and order as required
• Ascertain labour operation times for the workshop repair, to support the Service Advisor/Executive in providing an estimate to the customer
• Carry out the repair in accordance with the workshop manual
• Write up job cards in a clear and concise manner
• Provide evidence of any 'actual time' used and ensure it is contained within the write up.
• Provide the necessary supporting documents to support any repair
• Carry out a Vehicle Analysis Log (VAL) on every vehicle
• Liaise with all relevant staff to achieve efficiency in both time and material usage
• To record and clock all time spent as per the warranty process
• Conduct road tests and be responsible for personal quality control
• Be aware of and adhere to the Health & Safety aspects of the working environment
• Protect the customers property by using protective covers at all times
• Keep updated with and work within the Insurance Code of Business guidelines for the sale of the Porsche Approved Warranty and Assistance.
• Keep technical and job knowledge up to date by participating in educational opportunities; reading manufacturers' publications etc.
Core Accountabilities as Vehicle Technician
• To understand and assist in the delivery of Business Strategy and Objectives
• Deliver an agreed level of service KPI's to include productivity, efficiency and utilisation to the Internal and External Customer, Business Partners and External Suppliers
• Take ownership for personal development needs in anticipation of Business requirements
• Contribute fully within the team, ensuring the right environment is maintained
• Ensure the appropriate level of management control and system exploitation is applied to all relevant systems and company assets
• Completion of Bronze Qualification within 1 year of start date
• Adhere to company policies and procedures at all times
For the position of Vehicle Technician at Porsche, there is a fantastic package on offer:
• A salary of up to £30,000 per annum plus a productivity bonus of circa £5,000
• 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays
• Private Medical
• Option of a VW Vehicle at preferential rates
• DC Pension Scheme
• Life Assurance
• Staff preferential rates