We have an immediate opening for a full-time assemble manufacturing with concentration in shipping & receiving clerk who has strong communication skills, teamwork oriented, positive attitude and a strong work ethic.
- Assemble custom acrylic and metal signs
- Verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing products to assembly, shipping and receiving.
- Prepares items for assembly and shipment department: verifies and compares project and product: including size, counts, weighs
- Examines outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet quality and specifications.
- Executes method of shipment, utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates.
- May receive damaged or defective goods returned to establishment and be designated Returned-Goods Receiving Clerk.
- Assembles and/or builds wooden or cardboard containers or selects preassembled containers.
- Unpacks and examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages.
- Routes items to departments.
- Maintain safe work practices.
- Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- Posts weights and shipping charges, and affixes postage.
- Operate tier-lift truck or use handtruck to move, convey, or hoist shipments from shipping-and-receiving platform to storage or work area.
- Cross-trained worker teams for maximum production flexibility.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Training Required
Minimum (1-3) years of experience
Must have your own vehicle and valid driver's license.
Key Skills Required:
- Interpersonal and Communication Skills
- Multi-Tasking Skills
- Problem solving skills
- Computer / IT Skills
- Technical Skills*
* Technical Skills:
- MUST be able read and measure with a ruler
- Above average math skills.
- Above average language skills (spelling/grammar; written/verbal communication) Must be able to prepare written materials ( ex. schedule, inventory levels and counts) for the purpose of documenting activities and conveying information.
- Maintain and complete reports using computer, as required.
- Working knowledge and experience with simple hand tools such as drills, hammer, screwdrivers, etc.
- Working knowledge and experience with table saw, circular saw and miter saw.
- Working knowledge and experience with fork lift
ASI is local manufacturer, family owned for over 29 years. ASI offers superior product solutions for interior, exterior and digital signage. From our proven proprietary product assortment to our custom design and fabrication capabilities, ASI is focused on providing our healthcare, education, government, corporate, and hospitality clients with innovative products and services tailored to meet their exact needs today and in the future.
Role: Assembly Manufacturing
Apply for this job now.