We are seeking for an experience, passionate and smart team player to join us! The DevOps. Engineer is primarily responsible for global CDN operational support for multiple locations and business units. Each team member will collaborate closely among the team itself and within SSE, monitoring reliability, provide resilient and process improvement, and application support to achieve Global CDN business goals. It is in Linux environment; critical pieces software run – Squid and Nginx. *Full time in-house position. Not a remote position.
Skills and Qualifications
- BA/BS degree in MIS, Computer Science, Math, Engineering or related field.
- 3+ years’ experience as Systems Administrator or equivalent combination of experience and education that demonstrated success skills in related fields.
- Strong Linux/UNIX operating systems concept, strong form of automation and back scripting.
- Expertise with the OSI model and solid in Layer 4 – 7 circuits.
- Experience in monitoring and managing configuration management framework such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible.
- Deep understanding and expertise on caching technology and products such as Squid, Varnish, Apache Traffic Server, Memcached and/or Redis.
- Exposure of using technologies subject but not limit to Ngnix, Apache HTTP Server.
- Good Perl/Python/Ruby/Shell scripting skills and strong capabilities to integrate, automate, monitor.
- Exposures to remote deploy/redeploy mechanisms and integrations.
- Familiar in global networking with the proficiency in optimizing network.
- Overall technical savvy: pre-existing problem shooting experience, producing system-level development of tools and scripts.
- Demonstrated ability in work in a small team setting.
- Knowledge in these other areas highly desired: Redhat; DNS; HTTP; TCP; IP; SSL; TLS OpenSSL; ATS; Routing; Load balance; Security; Catchpoint; AppDynamic; New Relic; ELK; Kibana; LogStash; Elasticsearch; Sumologic; Grafana; BBR; Kernel; Salt; Bash; Golang
- Served as Systems Administrator or previous systems administration experience including open source software, data center virtualization, networking, cloud computing and database systems experience.
- Pre-existing CDN background or engagement in CDN Engineer/CDN Solutions/Implementation of CDN of at least one in technical capacity and understand in its technical sense.
- Strong familiarity with U.S/China or a strong interest/passion for cross-cultural environment.
- Bilingual in English and Mandarin.
- Competitive compensation package with full benefits
- Comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off and annual leave
ChinaCache is a leading global content delivery network and data center services provider publicly traded on NASDAQ. We help Global 2000 companies with their digital content delivery and acceleration into China and the Asia Pacific. Currently, ChinaCache serves some of the largest companies in China and across the globe. With the rise in the number of companies seeking to enter China as well as ChinaCache's own expanding product portfolio, we are seeking to expand our team to better serve the growing demand for our services.
This job description is an accurate reflection of the duties and responsibilities of the post as at the time of writing but will be changed from time to time as the job is a career development job which will be adjusted according to the progress of the job holder. It does not form part of the contract of employment.
Location: Diamond Bar,
Apply for this job now.