Automotive Technician (Light Vehicle Mechanic)
Menlo Chevron Service Station is an established and reputable full-service auto repair and service station located in Menlo Park. We repair and maintain European, Asian, and Domestic vehicles as well as trucks and some RVs. Our commitment to excellence and outstanding customer service has allowed our business to thrive for over 50 years. We are seeking a full-time Light Vehicle Mechanic to add to our growing service department. Qualified applicants must be enthusiastic, energetic, and possess technical skills and/or experience along with the desire to learn and pursue a rewarding career in the automotive industry.
- Conduct light mechanical duties including, but not limited to, oil changes, fluid top-offs, tire installations, and tire repairs.
- Perform work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with industry and factory standards
- Communicate with Service Manager/Advisor to obtain needed parts when applicable.
- Examine the vehicle to determine if any additional safety or service work is needed
- Advise Service Manager/Advisor immediately if additional work is needed, if work outlined is not needed, or if repairs cannot be completed within the time promised.
- Document work performed and recommended on the repair order. Upon completion of work return repair order to Service Manager/Advisor.
- Ensure that customers’ cars are kept clean, undamaged, and without changes to the comfort, convenience systems or audio system settings. Notify Service Manager/Advisor and/or service manager immediately of anything that has happened to change the appearance or condition of the vehicle.
- Attend shop-sponsored training classes at the shop or training facility.
- Keep shop area neat and clean and be able to account for all shop owned tools at all times
- Adhere to all attendance, punctuality, and timekeeping standards
- Successful completion of technical school and or equivalent experience required
- 0-2-years of experience; will train if you have no experience but good manual skills and a willingness to learn
- Valid Driver’s license and clean driving record
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude, team oriented, flexible, focused on maintaining high-quality work and a high level of customer service
- Be able to stand for long periods of time
Our Commitment to You
- Our team members enjoy competitive compensations and pay raises based on performance, experience and training/certifications achieved.
- We maintain a positive, team environment for our employees to enjoy.
Job Type: Full-time
We are Skill-Loan, a retained recruiting company hired by the best auto repair shops and dealerships to find and refer employees. We have been retained by a dealership or auto repair shop owner to fill this position.
Why work with us? The companies that work with us are the best and most ethical. We also want you to get the job! We help you clean up your resume and make your skills stand out; we coach you through the hiring process and if you don't get it, we help you find another one that may be more suitable for your skills and interests.
Skill-Loan also operates the Mechanics Marketplace website (#removed#), an online real-time temp staffing application that connects automotive professionals to auto repair shops and dealerships looking for temporary help. We encourage you to register for free and start making some extra cash.
Role: Automotive Technician Service Technician
Location: Menlo Park,
Apply for this job now.