Electronic PrePress Technician
About the Job
Produces digital flats for print reproduction using customer supplied pdf files. Using computer software to produce
layouts for press; making plates for press while maintaining NPC’s quality standards for prepress. NPC is a quality, large volume 24/7 printer. MUST BE ABLE TO WORK NIGHTS
* Determines prepress requirements by reviewing work orders; studying layout, content, and specifications.
* Prepares finished press layouts using NPC’s Prinect software system.
* Prepares proofs for customers and press; making both internet soft proofs and inkjet hard proofs.
* Obtains proofing approval or changes: implementing changes and final customer approval.
* Prepares printing plates using “Computer to Plate” platemaking systems.
* Maintains quality results by inspecting layouts, proofs and printing plates during all phases of the job.
* Maintains prepress files in a precise filing system.
* Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting software and hardware problems;
calling for repairs.
Organization, Quality Focus, Attention to Detail, Layout Skills, Deadline-Oriented, Equipment Maintenance, Job Knowledge, Graphic Design Skills, Desktop Publishing Skills, Desktop Publishing Tools, Documentation Skills
Role: Electronic Prepress Technician
Apply for this job now.