Company: MACGREGOR CAVENDISH (UK) LTD
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Salary: £35,000 per annum
Night Shift Manager - Dundee - Express Distribution
Salary £35K Base Plus excellent Benefits
Our client is one of the best known names in the Distribution market, providing their customers with high standards of quality and service
The role is fully accountable for the safety and performance of the shift whilst proactively seeking ways to improve cost, service & operational efficiency. You will ensure all resources including third party are managed, planned and controlled to achieve the agreed service levels and work with your Quality and Compliance manager to ensure correct processes are implemented, maintained and led through continuous improvement.
Managing all areas of the night operation -sortation and transportation in an efficient cost effective manner.
- Ensuring depot key KPI’s are achieved e.g. sortation compliance, Vehicle Departure times etc
- Budget Management to achieve the agreed service levels including productivity, labour costs, overtime usage, Agency usage.
- Lead an engaged, motivated, well informed through regular communication briefings, meetings and engagement initatives.
- Maintaining the health, safety and security of all employees and visitors and to take responsibility for shift Health and Safety issues in conjunction with company Health and Safety guidelines and audit findings to resolve any areas for improvement
- To lead, coach and develop the supervisors on shift to be fully competent to deputise in your absence
- Work in collaboration with the Depot Quality and Compliance Manager to lead solutions to improvements required and hold regular meetings to ensure continuous improvement
- To adhere to the legal requirements of the 'O’ Licence.
- All required MI reporting documentation is maintained to the required standard & on time.
- To develop and maintain effective communication channels with all appropriate areas of the business especially the night shift management and Field team relationships.
- Ensure that the teams are fully trained and performing in line with their job specification, compliant with company health and safety policy, including (but not limited to) manual handling and fire evacuating procedures.
- Control and monitor staff holidays to maximise shift efficiency.
- Manage use of temporary employees through close monitoring, briefing and motivation to ensure performance criteria is met.
- To control and monitor security of both premises and goods by continual vigilance and use of company security procedures
- Plan contingencies in order to minimise business risk and ensure that all requirements are continually met.
- Regular Floor with walking with supervisors toto ensure their understanding and best practice is being followed.
- Audit compliance, infringements and returns are all dealt with in a time manner
To be successful in this role you will require the following…
- CPC National Certificate is desirable
- Full driving licence is required.
- IOSH Qualified
Knowledge & Experience:
- Transport knowledge, skills or experience including regulations.
- Strong Operational knowledge of the end to end process
- Must be able to work on own initiative in a pressurised environment to tight deadlines
Technical & People Skills:
- Advanced in understanding of Management Information and Excel spreadsheets. Good Ability with Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Demonstrate ability to understand cost controls, data reports, MI and KPI metrics.
- Experience in managing and leading a team.
- Proven skills and evidence of managing people through development, succession and performance management tools.