Rapidly growing multi-plant tortilla and related products company based in the Chicago area, with plants throughout the U.S., is looking for an individual to develop and manage its cost accounting capabilities at all of its locations.
Responsibilities include product costing, efficiency analysis, developing and implementing procedures for collecting production and cost information on a daily basis, and ultimately overseeing the transition from a manual analysis into the Great Plains/Dynamics ERP System.
Specific Responsibilities would include:
1. Collect data to determine standard costs for all products at each plant
2. Analyze daily production reports
3. Investigate discrepancies from standard production
4. Prepare production summaries and communicate results of analysis directly with upper management and ownership
5. Eventually, develop, train, and oversee junior staff in carrying out the processes developed
6. Manage the transition of the cost accounting function from manual analysis to the Great Plains ERP System.
A successful cost accountant would have the following qualifications:
- 3-5 years of experience of costs accounting, preferably in the food industry
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or a related field
- Strong cost systems background and excellent analytical and communication skills
- Bilingual: Spanish and English
- Strong Excel skills and experience with Great Plains/ Dynamics System
- Experience working with manufacturing personnel in order to develop cost standards
- Ability to accurately prepare and communicate costs reports to all levels of management and ownership
Role: Cost Accountant
Apply for this job now.