Role: Security Risk Analyst
IR35: In Scope
Duration: 6 Months
Security Clearance: BPSS
This is a high profile role. The job holder will be expected to engage various stakeholders to establish and manage Information (cyber) risk. In doing so, you will need to be analytical, pragmatic and innovative in developing and ultimately delivering effective risk management services
The successful candidate will ensure a consistent approach to risk management while advising, challenging and supporting colleagues with the identification, assessment, control, mitigation and reporting of risk. They will be able to demonstrate their passion about the value that can be derived from effective risk management, and a focus on the outcomes of the process as much as its reporting. The successful candidate will understand the requirements of corporate governance, the relationships between enabling functions and how they contribute.
This is a demanding role where you will be expected to:
- Continually develop an effective and consistent risk management approach.
- Provide, often at pace, pragmatic and balanced reporting of information risks aligned to business need.
- Integrate into the CISO Office team to identify opportunities to add value and to identify manage risk at an early stage.
Other day to day activities
- Reporting risk to CISO and other senior stakeholders.
- Engaging with stakeholders on risk assessment and treatment plans.
- Seeking out opportunities for continual improvement.
Essential skills required:
Proven Information risk management experience across a broad range of areas in large complex organizations. This experience could have gained from the public or private sectors.
- A good understanding of various Risk Management methodologies.
- Attention to detail, organised and able to set targets and articulate plans of action to achieve objectives
- Communicating to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Establishing processes and reporting metrics.
- Time management & prioritisation.
Desirable Skills required:
Ideally you will also have the following skills or some experience in:
- Working in central government projects
- Complex stakeholder management
- Managing ambiguity and delivering certainty in fast paced, high pressure environments
- Problem solver, delivery focused
- communicating clearly in a language which meets the needs of different users, with a good understanding of different channels and formats for different audiences and can adapt to stakeholders' reactions with flexibility
- Professional risk management qualifications e.g. IRM/MOR in risk management or risk experience is essential
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources on 0121 794 8181