January 2021 to Easter 2021
Pay Rate - £28.50 per hour
Vision for Education are delighted to be an approved provider for the National Tutoring Programme. We are currently recruiting English tutors to work on a 1:3 basis with students in secondary schools in Durham
We are actively seeking Tutors of English to work in client schools as part of the National Tutoring Programme. Tutors will work on a 1:3 with students aged 11 to 16 in the Durham area either online or face to face. The role will see you tutoring students either during or after school hours and will involve working with pupil premium students or students who require extra support. This would be a great opportunity to experience teaching either on a part or full time basis. We have various schools in the Durham Local Authority who are interested in this.
The ideal English Tutor will:
- Be passionate and dedicated to teaching
- Be flexible, a team player and have excellent communication skills
- Have a good level of IT literacy
The successful English Tutors must have excellent behaviour management, the ability to teach creatively adapting to the needs of each leaner and must have good core subject knowledge. To be successful in this role the English Tutor will have QTS/QTLS and previous experience in a similar role would be preferred yet not essential.
As a Tutor you will receive a thorough induction to the National Tutoring Programme before commencing sessions which includes specific training on:
- Planning 1-2-1 and small groups
- adapting to online tuition
- creating session content
- giving and receiving feedback
The schools are looking for committed and successful Tutors to inspire, motivate and advance learners.
To be considered for the Tutor position, you will:
- Have a passion for working with children along with great classroom management skills
- Have experience of working as a Teacher or Tutor in a secondary environment
- Have at least 6 weeks RECENT classroom experience or have a wealth of experience in a classroom environment within the UK.
- Have access to a car (beneficial due to the short notice of the work)
- Have access to a computer (Virtual Learning)
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online E