Aquatech is a global leader in water purification systems technology for both industrial and infrastructure markets located in the United States and internationally. We support our clients with sustainable water purification systems and technologies that are solving the worlds water scarcity challenges.
Aquatech has an immediate need for a fulltime Mechanical Technician to work in our Bow, NH location. The hours are Monday – Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm. The Mechanical Technician will report to the Plant Manager and will perform the duties described in the job description below and will be considered a Non Exempt employee.
The ideal candidate will have excellent problem solving skills, creative, good communication skills, team oriented, customer service oriented, detailed oriented and excellent math skills. This candidate will also have previous relevant experience working in a similar position. Waste Water industry experience preferred.
- Pump alignment, bearing / seal replacement
- Repair and replacement of valves
- Lubrication of rotating equipment
- Arresting leaks
- Repair of chemical dosing pumps
- Be the maintenance lead and schedule preventative maintenance
- Carry out routine maintenance as per equipment supplier’s schedules
- Coordinate and supervise sub-contractor activities
- Coordinate with sub-contractors
- Prepare reports on maintenance activities
- Advise on spare parts maintenance and inventory
- Housekeeping & Overall upkeep of the facility
- Three (3) or more years of relevant experience in Water or similar industry primarily working with pumps, valves, bearings, and seal replacements.
- Technical School Graduate preferred
- Excellent skills troubleshooting water treatment systems (pumps, motors, blower, valves & piping)
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and maintain positive attitude and good organizational skills
- Ability to plan and manage multiple tasks or projects.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ideal candidates will have operating and troubleshooting experience at an industrial water treatment plants with one or more of the following technologies: Pre- treatment (P.T), Demineralization (DM), Reverse Osmosis (RO), Ultra-filtration, EDI, Thermal Desalination and Zero-Liquid Discharge
- Attention to detail and team player
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above and below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Job Demands:
Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to life, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, limited walking and standing.
We are looking for a Senior Application Engineer that would like to be part of our growing team in the Bow, NH area! If the job description fits your background and skills, please apply to the position and a recruiter will be in contact with you.
Role: Mechanical Technician (Water Industry)
Apply for this job now.