An exciting position has become available for a full time Audit Manager to join a friendly team based in Dorset. The successful candidate will earn a competitive salary. The successful candidate will be ACA/ACCA qualified and will report directly to the RI for the audit assignments.
- ACA/ACCA qualified
- Approachable to members of the audit team and lead by example.
- Able to clearly explain audit testing and technical points to the audit team.
- Manage the fieldwork team, allocating the appropriate level of work to more junior members of staff.
- Provide timely and constructive feedback to the audit fieldwork team.
- Maintain objectivity, professionalism and independence in client relationship and foster this within the audit team.
- Discuss difficult/contentious matters with the RI and provide support where required.
- Have sound technical knowledge of auditing and accounting standards and taxation.
- To work closely with the RI in the planning and tailoring of the audit approach based on the risk assessment for the audit assignment.
- To support and guide the audit team to address the identified audit risks and to ensure effective, efficient testing so that an audit opinion can be formed.
- To maintain and develop technical ability and be the point of reference for the audit team with regard to technical queries.
- To provide the RI for the audit assignment files for review which address the risks identified at the planning stage as well as any additional risks identified during the fieldwork.
- To plan the audit work to be undertaken to be effective and efficient in order to maintain budgets.
- To lead, develop and manage an effective audit team.
- To keep the RI informed of any issues that may arise with the client.
- To provide effective feedback for the audit client in respect of their accounting systems.
Company + Benefits
Our client is a mid-sized accountancy practice based in Poole, Dorset, providing complete accountancy solutions to their growing client base. Their office is close to local amenities with good transport links to Bournemouth, Southampton and surrounding areas and parking available. Their staff are currently working from home and this is expected to continue on a flexible basis post COVID.
Why should you apply?
- To join a fantastic company
- To become part of a great team
- To showcase your knowledge and skill set
If you're the ideal candidate our client is looking for, please send your CV by clicking the APPLY button
Keywords: Audit, Manager, Audits, Management, ACA/ACCA Qualified, Audit Testing, Lead, Develop, Accountancy Practice, RI