Company: ARCHDIOCESE OF INDIANAPOLIS
Job Type: Permanent, PartTime
Cathedral High School in Indianapolis, an independent Catholic college preparatory high school in the Holy Cross Tradition, is seeking an American Sign Language Teacher.
The chosen candidate will be hired to begin employment at Cathedral during the #removed# school year. If interested, complete the online application on Cathedral's Career Page. Applications are being reviewed now.
The successful candidate will be qualified and comfortable in supporting students through the introduction and mastery of the content and skills. Students will be completely immersed in the deaf culture learning from a deaf instructor. Finger spelling, numbers, deaf signs and deaf culture will be taught in this course. By the end of the semester, the student will be able to successfully communicate with a deaf person.
- Experience as a deaf, native signer (ideally, but not exclusively) who has taken intensive training to teach American Sign Language and Deaf Studies required.
- Deep and thorough knowledge of the content.
- Experience using online resources and other technologies to enhance learning.
- Valid Indiana Teaching License Experience within an educational and/or independent school environment
Duties & Responsibilities
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
- Teach 1 section as a part-time teacher.
- Must be available mornings.
- Work collaboratively with as part of the department's PLC.
- Contribute to the larger school community through the support of our Holy Cross Core Values.