Momentum Solar is a premier residential solar provider with offices throughout the U.S. Founded in 2009, Momentum has grown exponentially over the past decade. We implement the entire solar process to ensure a seamless transition to renewable energy.
The Structural Engineer is responsible for reviewing residential designs for building, and fire code compliance and providing structural analysis for a high volume of residential projects. Additionally, the candidate will design repairs/structural upgrades as needed. This position requires excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, to work across many departments from sales to installation. The Structural Engineer will have the opportunity to support both local and national key projects, will work collaboratively with other engineers on projects with the State DOTs, regional and local agencies and will take on the following responsibilities:
- Review high volume of residential designs
- Research requirements for potential new markets
- Make sure all projects are up to NJ, PA, CT, TX FL, CA and NY building codes.
- Provide support for Site Technicians, Designers, Permit Coordinators, and Installers
- Provide on-site field inspections and Structural Observations Reports when requested
- Work with Planning and Zoning Boards and attend Board meetings
- Special Projects as needed (Engineering, SOP, New Product Research, Technology improvements etc.)
- Preferred experience with AASHTO LRFD and LRFR; and familiarity with DOT manuals and procedures.
- 3 to 7 years of experience in structural design, development of construction plans, cost estimates, bid documents, and quantity takeoffs for transportation and bridge projects (including internships).
- Preferred knowledge in rooftop solar electrical analysis
- Knowledge of NJ, PA, CT, TX FL, CA and NY building codes.
- Licensed P.E. Engineer, with a preferred discipline in structural engineering
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Professional appearance and interaction
- Strong computer skills
Momentum Solar is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Powered by JazzHR