Location: HX South Florida (Fort Lauderdale)
HornerXpress seeks an energetic, responsible, team-oriented Delivery Driver to join our Tile Division. The ideal candidate must be forklift certified, have a valid commercial driver's license (Class B minimum) and a clean driving record. He/she must be willing to go the extra mile for the team and have a strong work ethic.
- Pull orders based on daily schedule
- Pack orders on to truck in a neat and orderly manner based on delivery schedule
- Load trucks in a secure manner in accordance with DOT regulations
- Properly mark outside of trucks with DOT signage
- Double check shipping orders in an accurate manner before leaving for route
- Perform daily pre-trip and post-trip inspection of trucks
- Maintain company vehicle with proper fuel level, cleans vehicle as needed, keeps interior clean and free of debris
- Maintain service schedule for maintenance
- Notify supervisor immediately of any repairs/work that needs to be handled
- Report all road violations, accidents, and unusual occurrences to supervisor immediately
- Keep a clean, presentable truck at all times
- Responsible for all maps, directions, contact numbers as needed.
- Responsible for collecting C.O.D payments on delivery
- Note all check/cash collections on order form
- Obtain signature for each delivery, or obtains supervisor's permission to leave orders unsigned for
- Deliver product to customers and stock shelves where appropriate
- Assist in maintaining the warehouse in a safe, clean and organized manner
- Help with warehouse stock replenishment
- Notify sales staff of any opportunities or changes in ordering
- Forward any complaints or concerns to Branch Management.
- Fill out necessary paperwork for product/warranty returns
- Empty vehicle and place returned merchandise in proper area
- Communicate any changes in customers' buying habits to Branch Manager or Salesperson
- Perform other duties as assigned
Other Requirements for this Role:
- Positive, enthusiastic and flexible attitude
- Team-player mentality
- Strong communication skills
- Forklift certified
- Piggyback/Moffit forklift experience a plus
- Must have minimum Class B CDL
- Clean driving record
- Experience driving flatbed trucks
- Ability to drive multiple hours at a time
- Ability to lift/carry/move 50 to 100 lbs continuously
- Ability to deliver up to 350 lbs equipment with a handcart
- Bi-lingual a plus
Compensation and Benefits:
- Participation in the Team Horner Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Ongoing industry training
- Yearly performance and long service awards and events
- Paid time off: Holiday, Vacation and Personal
- Health, dental and vision insurance offered
- Short/Long term disability insurance offered
- 401K and Roth Offered
- Extensive wellness program including one-to-one coaching, healthy living seminars, exercise facilities and classes, stand-up desks and many other great incentives
- Positive and friendly work environment
- Merchandise discounts
… and so much more!
Team Horner is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages growth and opportunity for all. Drug-free workplace.
For over 40 years, Team Horner has been the premier independent manufacturer and distributor of pool equipment to pool and spa professionals in Florida and worldwide. Not only does Team Horner provide an extensive range of swimming pool products to satisfy every project, but we also offer complete business solutions to help our customers grow and prosper.
Team Horner values its employees because it is through our amazing staff that we are able to provide superior service to our customers. It is such a fostering environment that in Team Horner has been the recipient of the Florida Psychological Association's Psychologically Healthy Workplace Award and was named a Sun-Sentinel TOP WORKPLACE 2015.
We live by our values of:
"Working Together, Growing Together, Winning Together"
To learn more about our company visit
Role: Delivery Driver - CDL Class B
Location: Fort Lauderdale,
Apply for this job now.