Company: BIG BLUE MARBLE ACADEMY
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Big Blue Marble Academy ("BBMA") is seeking a Lead Teacher!
At the core of our curriculum is a focus on global education, which enhances children's perspective and understanding of the world outside their community. We teach children the importance of giving back and helping others in need, through hands-on activities and "Heart Projects." We provide the structure children need, while also encouraging their natural curiosity and love of learning.
What You Will Have Fun Doing:
- Managing Your Classroom: Plan, supervise, and implement our program for your assigned class in accordance with BBMA policies and philosophy. Conduct our curriculum and age-appropriate learning activities as outlined. The monthly curriculum theme shall be evident in your classroom through visual displays of students' projects.
- Communicating with Colleagues & Families: Develop rapport with parents to facilitate the natural sharing of information. Use required electronic daily reports app to communicate about each child's daily activities. Demonstrate the ability to communicate clearly and appropriately with children, directors, peers and parents. Maintain professionalism, superior customer service, and confidentiality.
- Keeping Your Classroom Up: Follow all procedures as instructed. Maintain cleanliness of the classroom and other areas as assigned.
- Being a Valued Team Member: Demonstrate flexibility and the willingness to jump in and help other team members. Must be prepared to work with children from infancy to 4 years of age.
What We Are Looking For:
- Associate's degree in early childhood education or related field; CDA or paraprofessional certification.
- 6 months experience working in a licensed childcare facility
- Obtain and maintain state in-service training requirements
- CPR and First Aid certified; or willing to obtain it within the first 90 days (we pay!)
- Able to lift up to 30 pounds, and be able to see, hear, and respond to children's needs, including reaching high, stooping to the child's level, sitting on the floor and rising from the floor, and standing for long periods of time.
- Able to handle, in a positive way, the demands that contact with many children and parents bring every day.
- Bilingual candidates preferred
Why You Will Enjoy Working Here:
- No nights or weekends
- Fun and supportive team culture
- Competitive pay
- Childcare discounts
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- On-the-job training to further your career in early childhood education.
- Growth opportunities
- Referral compensation
- Voluntary benefits for short-term disability, an accident plan, and critical illness/cancer plans.
BBMA encourages applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, sexual orientations, gender identities, and ages!
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of our background check, pre-hire screenings, and onboarding processes. All employment is at-will and may be terminated at any time, with or without cause.