PDI helps convenience retailers and petroleum wholesalers thrive through digital transformation and enterprise software that enables them to grow topline revenue, optimize operations and unify their business across the entire value chain.
Over 1,500 customers in more than 200,000 locations worldwide count on our leading payments, marketing & insights cloud, ERP, logistics, fuel pricing, and security solutions to provide insights that increase volume, margin, and customer loyalty, all while connecting the digital ecosystem and protecting data. For more than 35 years, our comprehensive suite of solutions and unmatched expertise have helped customers reimagine their enterprise and deliver exceptional customer experiences. Backed by the investment of TA Associates, Genstar, and Insight Capital Partners, PDI is embarking upon an aggressive expansion strategy through internal investment in development as well as intensive M&A activity. The result will be a broader, more powerful, global company that serves customers across the entire supply chain.
The Program Development Manager is responsible for the ultimate loyalty program success with convenience retail clients. The right candidate will manage a book of key accounts that currently utilize PDI's loyalty & payments solution(s) to increase engagement, reduce customer churn and increase customer lifetime value from its shoppers.
The ideal candidate will effectively manage the retail customer lifecycle from post-sale to adoption, renewal, and expansion of services. They will entrench themselves as a trusted loyalty consultant and effectively represent a growing portfolio of software products and services.
The ideal candidate will have spent a significant amount of time in and around the convenience retail space either as a retailer, manufacturer, or loyalty services provider. Additionally, the right candidate will be well-versed in modern loyalty marketing best practices, challenges, and forward-looking initiatives specific to this unique channel.
- Manage quarterly implementation of promotions, including reports provided to key stakeholders
- Manage Core-Mark tobacco offer process
- Create IRF's for MDB updates
- Manage ongoing exclusions by site and by program
- Identify gaps in the program and our processes and proposes remediation plans
- Maintain key data on assigned wholesale customers and provides high-level updates as needed
- Effectively communicate ongoing performance updates for assigned wholesale customers
- Engage other internal resources as needed to support process completion
- Work with Program Manager to drive visibility to potential program enhancements.
- Work with Core-Mark on value-added services that require PDI execution.
- Manage marketing mass communications
- Manage internal marketing/sell-in assets
- Manage external marketing kit assets that change quarterly
- Manage updates to Salesforce
- Manage start up kit production and fulfillment orders
- Review monthly BI reports/share with the client regarding PSID registration, Elevate rebates.
- Work with BI team to ensure Core-Mark funded offer reports are correct and settled.
- Work with client to develop overall loyalty program strategy and goals gaining alignment across all relevant levels of the customer organization
- Develop and maintain relationships with key customer contacts; facilitate and support consistent communication with customers and 3rd party partners (where applicable); identify opportunities to grow the relationship
- Establish a regular cadence of meetings with clients as needed based on customer needs, program goals, customer revenue, etc.
- Coordinate and present quarterly loyalty business reviews identifying key industry benchmarks and areas for improvement
- Clearly articulate MCS vision and strategy to the customer with transparency to MCS LOB roadmap and implications/opportunities specific to customer
- Possess a deep understanding of customer-specific loyalty configurations & all contracted loyalty deliverables
- Work with internal MCS teams to execute/support the day-to-day needs of customer's program including but not limited to:
- Loyalty Offer planning and setup
- Work with internal CRM/Interactive teams to plan and schedule all agreed to consumer-facing marketing campaigns including but not limited to promotional email campaigns, push messaging campaigns, and overall content in mobile applications or consumer-facing websites
- Create IRF, LMD, Salesforce (Support), JIRA tickets, etc. as required to properly utilize internal teams as required to support day to day customer needs
- Escalate high-profile customer issues for timely resolution where needed
- Work with customer care (AA or Product) to move cases to resolution, educate support teams on customer-specific configurations, offer setup, etc to assist with timely triage of customer issues
- Work as the go-between with BI group if the customer requests ad hoc or incremental data and insights that cannot be derived via existing reporting solutions
- Train and educate customers on how to utilize the full range of reporting and administrative support portals for success.
- Proactively work with MCS accounting/finance teams to ensure accuracy of customer revenue forecasts, billing, and timeliness of cash realization
- Provide to accounting final approvals of monthly recurring billing including but not limited to site counts, cost per site, rebates, etc.
- Access Netsuite Accounting platforms to assist customers with billing inquires, monitor invoice aging specific to customer
- Ensure hygiene of customer data in critical platforms including but not limited to Salesforce, Netsuite, etc.
- Ability to articulate MCS available suite of APIs and internal process for customer-specific certifications
- Strong knowledge of customer's ecosystem including adjacent solutions such as POS, Website, Mobile App, Payment ecosystem, CRM, ERP, SFTP, and relevant exports, etc
- Work with Sr. Management to suggest changes to commercial terms as needed to protect/renew customer revenue
- Monitor ongoing contract terms and identify “at-risk” renewals
- Work with customer to identify future product feature requests (Roadmap) to ensure ongoing customer satisfaction and re-enforce perception that PDI is investing in the future of our solutions
- Champion customer's roadmap requests by working with Sr. Management on importance and prioritization of requested features
- Via ongoing discovery with the customer, identify Cross-sell opportunities for PDI solutions in other LOBS (ERP, Logistics, Fuel Pricing)
- Pass “warm” leads to corresponding Sales counterparts
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- 3+ years prior experience as a program manager, account manager, outside sales, account executive, project manager, or similar role
- Past employment with either retailer (convenience chain), the manufacturer (CPG Manufacturer), or loyalty services vendor to the convenience channel
- Strong marketing and/or sales background; loyalty background a plus
- Proficient understanding of relevant enabling technologies
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to multi-task and lead multiple project initiatives to completion
- Proven ability to manage and grow customer relationship and corresponding revenue and profit plan
- Must have experience in forecasting, budgeting, analytics, and evaluating performance against KPIs
- Must have experience building and delivering presentations to senior management teams both internally and externally
- Bachelor's degree or related certification or experience required
- Basic understanding of modern loyalty, retail, digital, e-commerce, mobile, and consumer industry trends preferred
- Working knowledge of underlying supporting technology such as software development processes, APIs, Data Warehousing, Data Visualization Tools, CRM platforms, SFTP, etc. a plus
PDI's employee-oriented culture provides a supportive and dynamic work environment for high achievers. PDI seeks individuals who value continuous learning, hold high ethical standards, and are top performers in their respective fields. We offer competitive wages, professional development, superb culture, and a highly competitive benefits package. For more information about PDI, please visit our website at https://#removed# PDI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We verify employment eligibility for all new hires using E-Verify.
Powered by JazzHR