The Payroll Tax Analyst is responsible for all payroll tax activities, including compliance with local, state and federal regulations, the reconciliation and accuracy of all payroll tax withholdings, deposits and filings with ADP Tax Service, responding timely and accurately to federal and state agency notices and inquiries, and conducting periodic and quarterly audits to ensure accurate year-end processing of employee W-2’s. Provides research and advises Payroll regarding tax treatment of various transactions. Works closely with the Payroll, Accounting, and Human Resources teams. Acts as back-up for the Payroll Account, assisting in the preparation of various accounting work papers, schedules, exhibits and summaries, as well as new accounts and/or any revisions to the account structure.
Essential Responsibilities Include:
- Coordinate with ADP to ensure timely and accurate remittance and filing of all federal, state and local payroll taxes. File select returns not handled by ADP.
- Verify and balance transactions, such as payroll registers to tax deposits and reports for ADP.
- Complete periodic and quarterly tax reconciliations.
- Assist in preparing impact analysis for new taxes and jurisdictions.
- Identify and prepare employee tax adjustments as needed.
- Track and resolve payroll tax tracers.
- Reconcile report discrepancies and problems. Create ongoing reconciliation spreadsheets for discrepancies. Research and resolve any items found.
- Annually, complete W-2 box reconciliations and coordinate year-end preparation of W2s with Payroll and ADP.
- Participate in year-end audit process including work paper preparation and supporting documentation for year-end payroll balance sheet accounts.
- Provide tax guidance and support to Payroll and HR teams
- Assist with other special projects, as assigned.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- 3+ years of payroll tax experience required
- Must have knowledge of and experience with US payroll tax regulations – federal, state and local
- Familiarity with SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft or other high-end ERP system
- Must be highly proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Experience with ADP tax administration services and SmartCompliance a plus
- Must have excellent judgment as well as superior analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must maintain the integrity and privacy of all employee payroll tax-related.
- Must be extremely detailed-oriented with strong organizational skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision both independently and in a team environment.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills with an emphasis on providing stellar customer service to all internal and external contacts.
- Must be able to multi-task and work under tight deadlines while maintaining a positive attitude.
Flynn Restaurant Group (FRG) was started in 1999 as the owner and operator of eight Applebee’s in Washington State.
Since then the company has grown at over 20% a year, added two additional leading brands in Taco Bell and Panera, and has become the largest restaurant franchise and one of the 50 largest foodservice companies in the United States.
Today, through its three wholly-owned subsidiaries, Apple American Group, Bell American, and Pan American, FRG owns and operates over 470 Applebee's, 280 Taco Bells, and 130 Panera cafes, representing $1.9 Billion in Sales and directly employing 40,000 people in 32 states.
Going forward the company plans to continue its aggressive growth by building and acquiring additional restaurants as well as opportunistically expanding into other brands and businesses.
We look for people to join our team who think beyond themselves and consider the overall business, that want to “Own it” and have the “Whatever it Takes” attitude!
Role: Payroll Tax Analyst
Apply for this job now.