We are working exclusively with a highly successful Quantity Surveying Consultancy to identify a suitable candidate for a Quantity Surveyor Director role. The business operates within the Infrastructure sector working on major commissions within the Nuclear, Utilities, Industrial and other Process sectors. The role is based remotely so the candidate can be based anywhere in the UK.
The successful candidate will have 15+ years' experience as a delivery focused Quantity Surveyor with the ability to manage a small team. The Director will be ambitious and have a desire to work for a growing company to make a significant impact with work winning and strategic business growth.
They are presently embarked on a 5-year growth plan in three distinct areas, Scotland, North West and the South which will result in a 30-person team in each area recruiting 12 staff per year over the next five years.
Associate or Director level Quantity Surveying candidates will be considered however you must demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of construction and Quantity Surveying procedures from inception through to final accounts and claims, be an excellent communicator and negotiator who is able to handle and develop client and internal staff relationships, commercially aware with the ability to win repeat business and bring in new clients, and someone who is professional, dedicated and tenacious, and ready to become a board member of a growing practice.
- Management of a commercial team ensuring top class delivery
- To undertake fee earning work for Clients delivered to the highest standards
- Enhance the client's capability and develop services/ solutions to satisfy Client's needs - develop value propositions
- Proactively contribute to the QS business development using existing personal contacts to generate new business opportunities
- Perform key Account Management role with existing Clients and generate repeat business
- Support the business with the annual Business Planning and service line budget process - setting SMART strategic objectives
- Provide mentoring and guidance to support team members with their Career Development goals
- Agreeing and managing fees and fee forecasts, ensuring profitability at all times.
- Continual aim to develop and learn management/leadership skills to show commitment to personal training and development
- Awareness and management of issues to mitigate risk to the client
Criteria for the role:
- Ideally a member of the Role Institute of Chartered Surveyors
- BSc in Quantity Surveying or equivalent
- Extensive experience with NEC3/4 and infrastructure projects
- Willingness to travel and stay away from home if required
- Excellent front-end Client skills
- Ability to win work and develop long lasting relationships
- Commercially aware
- Management and team building capability
- Career focused with plenty of ambition and drive
- A competitive salary + car allowance relating to your experience
- 5% pension contribution increasing by 1% each year to a maximum of 10%
- 4x basic salary death in service insurance
- Private health care for yourself, co-habiting partner and children up to the age of 18
- Company provided laptop package and mobile phone package
- 25 days paid holiday per year in addition to the Bank Holidays
- Overtime in line with company policy.
To discuss the role in confidence please contact James Adamson at Vertical Recruitment on 0161 669 4716 or email #removed#-recruitment.co.uk