Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Salary: £80 - £85 per day, Inc benefits
Are you looking for a rewarding and challenging role as a learning mentor in a secondary school? Do you have a passion for supporting students with their academic and personal development? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you!
Join a vibrant and inclusive school in Crawley, with a strong ethos of respect, responsibility and excellence. We are looking for a learning mentor to work with students who need extra support overcoming barriers in their learning. You will work closely with teachers, parents and other professionals to provide tailored interventions and guidance for students.
As a learning mentor, you will:
- Help students to develop their confidence, self-esteem and motivation
- Assist students with their academic work and study skills
- Support students with their social and emotional needs
- Monitor and track students’ progress and attendance
- Liaise with teachers and other staff to ensure students’ needs are met
- Participate in training and professional development opportunities
To be a successful learning mentor, you will need:
- A minimum of one year of experience as a teaching assistant, learning support assistant, learning mentor or a similar role
- A good understanding of the secondary school curriculum and the needs of students
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A positive and proactive attitude
- A commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people
Location: CrawleySalary: £80-£85 Day RateHours: 08:15-15:30Availability: Full-Time/Mon-Fri
If you are interested in this role, please apply with your CV and a cover letter explaining why you would be a good match for our school.
We look forward to hearing from you soon!