Thermal/Cooling Engineer-San Francisco, CA Area
The Thermal/Cooling Engineer will be responsible for PCB circuit design and layout for digital and analog circuits utilizing a systems level design approach.
- Signal conditioning, modeling/design of low speed analog circuits, bus bar design, and cabling.
- Component selection, sourcing, board bring-up, debugging using lab tools like oscilloscopes and logic/protocol analyzers.
- Manual or hand pick and place, requirements definition, hands on verification testing.
- Automated test fixture design.
- Minimum Bachelors Degree, Masters degree a plus.
- 3+ years industry experience including recent relevant PCB design work.
- Expert in PCB schematic and layout (Altium Designer strongly preferred).
- Strong intuitive grasp of fundamentals including circuits, signal processing, and communications.
- Background serial protocols (I2C, SPI, UART, etc.)
- Strong understanding of how PCB's are fabricated, optimizing for manufacturability, reliability, and cost.
- Experienced in sourcing, ordering and board bring up.
- Background in low power embedded systems.
- Familiarity with power electronics, and high voltage/high power designs.
- Skilled in hands on prototyping and fine pitch soldering.
- Experience in wire harness specification.
- MIL SPEC PRF 31032 and/or STD 461 and commercial PCB design practices and standards.
- Experience with signal integrity and EMI/EMC design best practices is helpful.
- Experience in designing embedded systems involving MCUs, mixed signal circuitry, sensors, and more.
Critical Fit Recruiting specializes in recruiting top-technical talent. Our services are provided on a contingent, engaged, or exclusive basis.
For over 30 years, Critical Fit has been serving clients nationwide. During that time, many things have changed, but one thing has stayed the same: outstanding companies hire outstanding people! Bringing these two groups together is our expertise. We recruit and place a variety of executive level professionals for clients in emerging, middle market, and Fortune 500 companies across a diversified industry base. Our commitment to our client companies is unsurpassed.
We keep business simple. We listen. We understand. We perform.
Role: Thermal/Cooling Engineer
Location: San Francisco,
Apply for this job now.