Lead Network Engineer
Salary: $130k to $150k Flex + 15%
Location: Schaumburg, I
The Lead IS Network Engineer will be required to demonstrate the following skills in order to be effective over the course of this role.
- Cisco Nexus Switching - Strong experience to expertise with Layer 2/3 routing and switching specifically with Cisco Nexus technology.
- Firewalls - strong understanding of roles they play in the network and an ability to support the physical hardware from a tier 1 level.
- Load Balancing - Strong understanding of the concepts behind load balancing from a tier 1 level.
- Network Protocols - strong understanding of MPLS, STP, QoS, Multicast, DMVPN and Nexus VDC/vPC protocols.
We are seeking experience in architecting or designing solutions in a significant Cisco Nexus environment (5K, 7K and/or 9K Nexus product) as our primary focus. Those with that level of experience are the main targets of this role.
Act as IS network engineering subject matter expert for analytics, integration of Internal (IS) and external (NNEO) infrastructure (devices and services) that require IP connectivity to the LAN/WAN, as well as to the Internet, troubleshooting, architecture design, and best practices.
- Master s degree in related technical area is preferred
- Minimum 10 years relevant work experience
- Mastery of the relevant technologies
- Strong understanding of the business and industry
- Highly experienced in re-engineering / process improvement
- Strong change management skills; change agent
- Strong technical project management experience running cross-functional teams
- Excellent presentation skills demonstrated in front of large audiences; Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving / analytical skills and knowledge of analytical tools
- Prior experience creating, defining, and analyzing metrics that accurately reflect the current state of a given process or operation
- Certification(s) in relevant field of expertise (CCIE, CCDE) is preferred.
- Experience supporting mission-critical infrastructure in a fast-paced environment
Cisco Hardware: ASR 1000 routers; ISR 4000 routers, Catalyst 2900, 4500, 6500 switches; Nexus 1000v, 2000, 3000, 4000, 5000, 7000, 9000 switches, WLC 5500, 7500 controllers, ASA 5500 appliances, Cisco WAAS, Cisco UCS; Other Network Hardware: Riverbed Steelhead and Interceptor, Radware ADC; Gigamon, Palo Alto Firewalls; Network Technologies: TCP/IP, MPLS, STP, VTP, 802.1Q, QoS, Multicast, GRE tunneling, IPSEC, DMVPN, Nexus VDC/vPC, FabricPath, VXLAN, FCoE, FCIP, VoIP, VRF, DNS, NetFlow, IP SLA; Routing Protocols: EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, IS-IS, HSRP; Other: NetScout, IP address management/subnetting, statistical analysis, IPv4/IPv6, packet analysis, familiarity with current network security practices; Network Applications: Cisco Prime Infrastructure, Cisco ACS, Infoblox, Wireshark, Cisco ASDM, Cisco CSM, Cisco AnyConnect; Business Applications: Remedy Ticketing, Citrix, Microsoft SharePoint; Standards & Methodology: ITIL, SOX, PCI, CPNI; Office Automation: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint; Planning & Design: Microsoft Project, Visio; O/S and Software: Windows 7, Red Hat, SSH, VPN Client, VMware
- provided by Dice