The purpose of this position is to cost effectively drive non-media lead generation and local awareness through the following marketing tactics: Events/Shows, the use of the Local Showroom, Corporate Partnerships, Business Partnerships, Referrals, Community Groups and more. The Retail Marketing Planner is responsible to manage and execute local marketing efforts which include events such as Home Shows, Outdoor Fairs/Festivals, Business Expos, and Showroom Sales/Open Houses while managing to a set budget.
• Communicates with individuals and groups outside the organization, representing Renewal by Andersen to Home Show producers, the public, and other external sources with the intent of finding the best venues where they can generate qualified leads and appointments.
• Develops and executes an annual events & sponsorship marketing plan; recommends strategy and assists the local Company-Owned Retail Operation (CORO) Branch General Manager and the Retail Marketing Manager in setting objectives for each event on an annual basis.
• Creates annual budget with the sole purpose of generating qualified leads and appointments in the most cost effective lead generation tools.
• Available to work remotely or on-site at least 40 weekends out of the year which provides for a flexible work schedule.
• Manages and helps staff events, including scheduling in-home appointments and conducting product demonstrations, as required.
• Administers participation in events and sponsorships based on established objectives, including on-site administration, resource supervision, and other implementation details.
• Recruits, hires, trains and manages additional part-time demonstrators through low cost recruiting tools. Works with local temporary agency as appropriate.
• Evaluates the success of current and past participation and recommends a course of action for future participation.
• Negotiates with event producers and outside vendors to procure space and to obtain the best value for the company investment.
• Identifies appropriate displays and support materials for each event and works with the location’s designated party responsible for delivery and set-up to ensure that installation of displays is performed on time and within budget and meet all codes and safety requirements.
• Supports local General Manager, Sales Team and Showroom Staff to identify and maximize local marketing opportunities.
• Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person on local venues and events where Renewal by Andersen’s products and services can be demonstrated with the intent of generating qualified leads and appointments.
• Collaborates with Corporate Marketing Department to best leverage all events and sponsorships.
• Develops relationships and implements corporate Marketing programs with local corporations, local community organizations, and local businesses to maximize exposure of the brand.
• Provides timely tracking and entering of marketing data into corporate database.
• Captures and shares best practices from events/marketing activities by maintaining relationships with other Retail Marketing Planners and Affiliate Event Marketing Managers nationwide.
• Coordinates w/ Corporate Marketing to assist with local implementation and tracking of other corporate marketing initiatives.
• Performs other related duties, as assigned
• Execute projects based on business need as assigned
QUALIFICATION AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing/communications preferred or equivalent demonstrated skills and abilities.
• Requires 2 to 3 years of experience in planning events
• Requires weekend work
• Ability to think strategically, with strong project management skills, including attention to detail
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to self manage resources (time and budget) to achieve objectives
• Ability to analyze effectiveness of events, sponsorships & local programs
• Ability to understand the role of marketing communications, sales promotion and advertising
• Ability to demonstrate strong leadership skills
• Demonstrated analytic skills
• Demonstrated ability in Microsoft Office programs, specifically Excel
COMPETENCIES REQUIRED TO MEET PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Results orientation
- Flexibility – includes weekend work
- Basic business and customer knowledge
- Problem-solving skills
- Time management and organizational skills
- Assessment and evaluation skills
- Interpersonal skills
Renewal by Andersen is the window replacement subsidiary of Andersen Corporation, a company that has revolutionized the window and door business for more than 110 years. Drawing on the Andersen tradition of over 100 years of quality, innovation and craftsmanship, Renewal by Andersen was founded with the objective of creating a different and better window and door replacement experience.
Role: Event & Retail Manager
Apply for this job now.