If you're looking for work as a full-time Staff Accountant, this terrific company might have a job for you. You could receive strong compensation and excellent benefits in this position, all while advancing your career! A thriving, fast-paced company that recognizes talent and effort is working with Robert Half to find ambitious, detail-oriented Staff Accountant candidates. This company, based in the Charlotte, North Carolina area, offers a challenging and multi-faceted opportunity where effort is rewarded. In this role, you will prepare journal entries, monthly and year-end closings, bank reconciliation, fixed asset maintenance, and general ledger reconciliation and be responsible for many aspects of internal reporting during the monthly close. Consider this role if you want to participate in compliance, interact with our external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits, and review schedules reporting processes. Do you have a complex understanding of Financial Statements, Cash Flow projections, and Budgets? You'll be preferred for this role.
Your responsibilities in this role
- Thorough experience with month end balance sheet account reconciliations
- Compose thorough journal entries and account reconciliations which include, but are not limited to, cash, prepaid expenses, and payroll
- Assist in implementation, maintenance and adherence to internal controls and accounting procedures ensuring compliance with GAAP
- Regular maintenance and reconciliation of journal entries
- Arrange schedules for capital lease and monthly payments
- Prepare monthly financial close workbooks to support the month end, quarter end and year end closing process
- Participate in various department-wide initiatives
- Ad-hoc reporting and special projects, as requested
- Perform month end close, journal entries, with minimum supervision
- Assemble analyses for monthly balance sheets and income statements for management reporting
- Intercompany billings, transactions, and reconciliation
- Survey and organize various financial data, reporting it in a useful and understandable manner
- Maintain fixed asset ledgers, depreciation, and reconciliationJob Requirements:
- Less than one year of experience preferred
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with spreadsheets and databases
- Experience with ERP systems
- BA/BS or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- Commitment and abilities to meet critical business deadlines
- Self-starter, ability to identify issues and resolve problems
- Ability to work within spreadsheets and databases
- Demonstrated ability in exemplary analytical, quantitative and social skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Account reconciliation experience desired
- Oracle experience
- Month end closings experience
- Ability to work in a dynamic and changing environment
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was No. 1 on Forbes’ annual ranking of America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.