DePaul Industries currently has an opportunity at our Corporate Office to join our team as a Staff Accounting Specialist. This role requires an individual who is extremely organized and who has excellent time management skills, in order to successfully prioritize and deliver on multiple, and changing tasks, priorities and goals. We are looking for an individual with excellent Accounting and Excel knowledge to support the Finance department with full Accounts Payable functions, some General Ledger functions, and occasional Accounts Receivable back-up.
Essential Functions include:
- Full Accounts Payable functions including matching to invoices to purchase orders, reconciling expense reports and other billings, and preparation and distribution of checks.
- Maintain computerized vendor information, including 1099 status, provide credit information to new vendors. Process annual 1099 forms for vendors as required.
- Responsible for reconciliation of various bank accounts.
- Regularly assists with balance sheet reconciliation.
- Prepare journal entries and accruals for period end closing.
- Act as back up for A/R (including functions such as cash application and invoicing).
- Assists with special projects as needed.
Key Workforce Competencies include:
- Possess proficient computer skills (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, Database programs).
- Ability to create reports using Excel with data points, pivot tables, graphs and charts, etc.
- QuickBooks and Epicor experience a plus
- Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail, and high level of accuracy
- Strong accountability and follow through skills
- Critical thinking skills to recognize and remove obstacles before they become problems
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing circumstances
- Results and deadline oriented, and customer service focused, with excellent communication skills
- Willingness to work cooperatively with other departments and with a diverse population
We are seeking an individual with at least five years’ recent accounting experience, inclusive of general ledger, and preferably in a nonprofit environment. Two to four year degree or certification is a plus. We look forward to you showing us in your application materials why you would be a great addition to our team! You may find out more about DePaul by visiting our website at #
DePaul Industries is an entrepreneurial organization providing business solutions with a social impact. DePaul is headquartered in Portland, Oregon, and has six satellite locations around the country. DePaul provides a competitive salary plus benefits, as well as great co-workers and work environment.
DePaul Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status and will not be discriminated against.
Role: Accounting Specialist
Apply for this job now.