Location - Home Based with 80% travel throughout the UK & Europe
Salary - £45,000 to £50,000 DOE
Benefits - Company Car, Bonus, Pension & Private Healthcare
Are you looking for an opportunity to be part of a forward-thinking global organisation? My client provides solutions to over 170,000 customers in over 30 different industries offering a variety of bespoke products, equipment and services.
They are now looking to recruit an experienced Instrumentation Engineer to add expertise to their Maintenance Engineering Team to support customer demand throughout the UK and across Europe.
To support the existing Maintenance Team in ensuring that Production Facilities throughout the UK and Europe maintain optimal operating conditions, by providing maintenance (planned and unplanned), repairs, breakdown cover (on-call) and troubleshooting ensuring minimal downtime. Additionally the Instrumentation Engineer will provide support to plant improvement projects, and commissioning activities.
- Attending to plant breakdowns, carrying out inspections, fault analysis, repairing equipment ensuring minimum downtime.
- Maintenance support to production facilities, providing technical support, as well routine and shutdown maintenance.
- Ensure work is planned, prepared and executed in a safe, cost effective manner.
- Complete plant modifications to design specification, submitting new proposed design changes for approval.
- There will also be an expectation to generate scope, determine costs, obtain approval and execute the work on certain projects.
- Update and review preventive maintenance procedures, recommending changes and improvements.
- To provide training to third-party personnel in maintenance practices.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Related qualifications in the form of an Apprenticeship, HNC or HND within Instrumentation Engineering
- Strong experience gained as a Site Instrumentation Engineer, preferably with industry experience gained within Oil & Gas (Downstream), Petrochemical, Chemicals or a similar environment
- Technical knowledge of a broad variety of instrumentation and control systems and equipment found on high hazardous/highly regulated sites.
- A good underpinning knowledge of reading instrumentation drawings, panel drawings, logic diagrams/tables, PLC and DCS configuration.
At First Recruitment Group we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That's why our engineering consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates. We actively recruit at all levels from Board level down to Graduates, Engineering and Design Leadership right through to graduate Engineering and Manufacturing roles, as well as Technical Sales & Sales Leadership.
This is a superb opportunity for any Instrumentation Engineer, Instrument Engineer, EC&I Engineer, C&I Engineer, Field Instrumentation Engineer, Field C&I Engineer or Field EC&I looking to work for a reputable engineering organisation.