- Electrical controls project engineer responsible for directing, checking and verifying the designs of motor control panels, PLC panels and associated electrical systems required to control conveyor systems and/or related equipment in the Material Handling Systems. This includes power fed calculations, 480 volt power schematics, 120 volt control schematics, I/O drawings, field device layouts, PLC layout/design.
- Must have knowledgeable and experience with UL508A standards, SCCR calculations and methods.
- Programming: PLC’s - Discrete Controls
- Rockwell PLC’s such as control logix, compact logix 500 and 5,000 and operator interface device
- Write codes from scratch
- Replicate codes
- Ability to fully face/understand PLC’s
- Paddle sorters/Tilt Trays experience
- HMI Development
- Wonderware, Indosoft and ProFace experience
- Photo Eyes
- Proficient in AutoCAD and AutoCAD Electrical
- Troubleshooting Skills:
- Ability to diagnose and solve customer and product related issues. The ability to travel to job sites, to aid with project installations and/or troubleshooting
- Must Haves:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering - Highly prefer Electrical
- PLC experience - Writing codes from scratch
- 5+ years of Control Logix Processor within Material Handling/Industrial/Automotive Controls experience
- Material handling experience OR Industrial/Automotive Experience - Ask how fast lines/products are moving
- These conveyors can move 90K packages per hour!
- Sortation experience
- High speed experience - if it is not directly within the industry look at bottling plants, pharm, etc
- Sortation equipment is moving 600 ft. per minute = 10K - 11K packages per hour
Location: INDIANAPOLIS, IN
Role: Controls Engineer (LIMITED TRAVEL!!!!)
Apply for this job now.