Team Supervisor, reporting to the General Manager, supervises the day-to-day operations of the resort by leading their shift team to deliver an exceptional experience for our clients and their dogs. This includes managing the resort team to maintain quality standards and overall resort practices regarding playgroup management, additional guest services execution, meals adherence, overall cleanliness, smooth and accurate check-in & out, time management, schedule adherence, and providing an exceptional experience for the dogs and our team.
Essential job activities include:
· Supervising hotel operations including team member training
· Supervise the hotel team in proper execution of task schedules and all related duties to provide the proper play times, meals, potty times, and other tasks listed on schedules as it relates to guest care and comfort.
· Oversee back operations including feeding, medications and playgroup management of dogs
· Ensure the completion of daily operations that ensure the safety, cleanliness and maintenance of the resort
· Work front reception desk when needed, including check-ins/check-outs, pet registrations, customer emails and phone inquiries from Pet Parents
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
· Minimum one (1) year college or equivalent certification
· Associate or Bachelor’s degree
· Coursework in Zoology, Hospitality, Vet tech or other pet-related services
· CVT license
· Confidence around and passionate about dogs
· Computer skills – proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
· Customer service and problem-solving
· One year supervisory experience working in the Pet Care, Hospitality, or Service Industry
· 2-year related experience in pet care either in a boarding, daycare, pet shelter, zoo, veterinary field or other pet services
· Must be 18 years of age at start of employment
· Good written and verbal communication skills
· Available to work nights, weekends and holidays
· Ability to meet the hotel needs and work volume that may require more than 40 hours a week to complete essential duties of this job;
· Ability to manage multiple tasks at one time; quickly and accurately shift focus from one task to another during distracting conditions
· Specialized training in dog behavior or dog training
· Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch and climb, as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds
· Requires good hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment, and read information.
· Ability to walk up to 4 miles daily
· Health Insurance
· Pet Services
· Optional Vision and Dental Insurance
· Vacation and Sick PTO
· Discounted Pet Insurance
· Potential for Advancement
Please send cover letter, resume, and references.
Pooch Hotel and Paradise 4 Paws is open 24 hours, 7 days a week and conveniently located near home, office, or airport. Both offer dog daycare, overnight accommodations, grooming, and some training while Paradise 4 Paws also accommodates overnight cat boarding.
Role: Team Supervisor Dog Hotel/Pet Resort (Four Chicago locations)
Apply for this job now.