JOB TYPE: Permanent
I have a brilliant opportunity available for someone to work with a large tier 1 main contractor on a new build residential project in North West London. This international main contractor has been established for over 100 years and have an exciting order book lined up for the next few years.
The package being offered is negotiable with the salary discussed before the interview stage. They are happy to pay the right money for the right person as this is an important project for them to deliver.
To review MEP strategies, concepts and design information, by external consultants, and assist Technical Coordinators with MEP queries to enable the procurement and construction of residential development, with minimum supervision from the Senior Technical Services Manager.
Review MEP design
* Review MEP concept designs to check that they meet requirements, best practice and are not over-designed.
* Answer MEP technical queries.
* Review project MEP designs.
* Review Utilities strategy.
* Review fire strategies and check implementation within the MEP design.
Improve performance of the MEP design
* Develop preferred manufacturers and suppliers.
* Assist with standardisation of MEP procedures, systems and design.
* Monitor the performance of MEP consultants.
* Investigate and pursue innovation initiatives.
Improve quality of the MEP install
* Review contractor technical submissions.
* Review contractor installation drawings.
* Monitor the performance of MEP contractors.
* Assist the project team with monitoring the quality of the MEP install.
* Provide weekly reports on MEP design progress, technical issues and installation issues.
* Attend ME subcontractor pre-start and post-contract meetings to ensure they are correctly briefed.
* Visit site to ensure seamless transition from Design to Construction phase.
* Attend MEP Design Team Meetings, as required.
* Assist in responding to technical queries from all departments and site.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
* Knowledge of design packages.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business