The Production Manager performs functions to direct and coordinate activities and workflow of the department with full accountability for results in terms of costs, methods, quality and quantity of production, operations and personnel. The position is based in our Inwood, NY Facility.
· Supervise the production operations of required shifts
· Ensure customer satisfaction by meeting quality, airline specifications, meal processing counts and ready times.
· Ensure portion control, accurate counts are produced to specifications and maintain a limit on wasted items
· Ensure adherence of HACCP and Food Safety policies and regulations as required by the FDA, MEDINA and the company.
· Work closely with HR, QA, Sanitation and the Purchasing staff.
· Work closely with personnel to minimize or eliminate down time
· Strive for maximum efficiency in department operations, supports operations through creative problem solving, adaptation, and working with all departments to correct problems
· Responsible for supervising and directing employees, including production supervisors, leads, and laborers
· Provide requisite training to new hires as necessary as well as training of current employees of new process workflows and designs. Must be able to create documents for certification of training.
· Manage training for employees to develop human capital and recognize high-potential individuals for future growth opportunities
· Manage personalities and worker internal conflict with judicious, unbiased resolution
· Meet with HR, union officials and stewards regarding union matters and grievances
· Suggest and implement process improvements, which will increase safety and quality, while reducing costs
· Provide status reports to the general manager and other senior managers including any safety, personnel or process issues that have occurred
· Assure compliance of all company and state and federal regulatory agencies’ policies and regulations
· Coordinate personnel to most effectively work together, especially during times when multiple issues are occurring simultaneously
· As part of our continuous improvement program, make unsolicited recommendations for improving any and all areas of production
· Perform other duties as assigned
· Schedules and assigns work for department staff; follows up on results
· Supervises employees in daily activities including training, motivating and disciplining employees
· Enforce systems, policies and procedures
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
· 5 - 7 years of manufacturing experience
· 3 - 5 years of management or leadership experience
· Previous experience with FDA and HACCP regulations
· Proficient with computers including database / spreadsheet programs and document programs
121 In-Flight Catering got its start in the Spring of 2000 as a highly acclaimed restaurant in Westchester County, New York. To this day, 121 remains at the forefront of the dining scene in Westchester and Connecticut. In 2007, 121 In-Flight Catering was established with the primary objective of delivering the same highly acclaimed food and service to the private jet industry. The group now offers premier catering to international commercial airlines. Headquartered at New York's JFK airport and with locations in Connecticut and Washington DC, 121 caters to all New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Boston, & D.C. area airports. Our gourmet flight kitchens are inspected by FDA, Medina, USDA and the United States Department of Defense.
Our best competitive advantage is our team. 121 focuses on hiring diversity & inclusion. Our dedicated team is passionate about food and service. As a company we are focused on training and food safety. We believe in promoting employee growth, development and mobility within the company.
Role: Production Manager
Apply for this job now.