My client is rapidly expanding in Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) and they are currently bringing our global finances together. We’re looking for a keen and motivated Finance Assistant to join our busy team to support the Finance Manager on the day to day running of the Finance function.
Based in our UK HQ office in Chatham (Kent), you will be supporting the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivables functions to ensure the day to day running of the finance team responsibilities can be met.
What will you be doing?
- Entering/coding supplier invoices on to the new finance system ‘Sage Intacct’
- Associate Timesheets - Initiate self-billing invoices for associates on a monthly basis which can then be processed on to Sage.
- Coding & ensuring all data is correct inc vat/currency before being imported
- Maintaining and navigating our Timesheets system to ensure any Associate payment queries can be dealt with
- Setting up monthly Associate payment runs on Bankline prior as per the payment calendar
- Weekly bank reconciliation for USD & EUR bank accounts
- Reviewing the aged creditors report on a weekly basis to ensure all payments are cleared down within terms. Investigating any unpaid queries to resolution and escalating internally where needed.
- Updating FAR for the period with all assets purchased in order for the FC to do depreciation adjustments
- Work closely with Sales Ledger at month end, to ensure all costs are on the system for that period to ensure nothing is missed and deadlines are met.
- General ad hoc requests required to support the UK finance team and any other additional requests from the FC.
- To support Sales Ledger on client billing and aged debt.
- Client Billing - To support during busy periods and raise any Learning invoices on an as/when basis when instructed by the Learning team.
- Attend monthly calls with the Sales Ledger Clerk and the relevant Account Directors (ADs) to ensure all Consultancy invoicing can go ahead for that period and if any queries/expected deadlines required
- Aged Debt - Chasing debt for Learning monies due
What are we looking for?
- Accounts package experience i.e. Sage and proficient in using Excel.
- Proactive - a doer!
- Attention to detail
- Previous experience in a finance related role
- Excellent English Language skills
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Be a team player
- Not afraid to use their initiative
- Joins the dots and take accountability dealing with things or flagging as needed
What will we give you in return?
- Flexible working arrangements / Work from home
- A hugely supportive and encouraging environment for you to thrive in!
- Annual profit share scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Company events including opportunities to travel abroad
- Annual company retreat (somewhere exciting!)
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part time hours)
- Perkbox membership
- Employee assistance programme
- Free eye test
- Access to our London property; in addition to staying in London for work, this can also be used as an alternative to hotels when staying in London for pleasure.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: £23,000.00-£27,000.00 per year
APPLY TODAY !