SEN Teaching Assistant
ABC teachers are currently looking to recruit a passionate SEN Teaching Assistant on behalf of an excellent Special Educational Needs school we work alongside in Shrewsbury.
This school supports both primary and secondary aged students who have a variety of needs, primarily ASD, Moderate needs and speech and language difficulties. The appointed candidate will work 1:1 and in small groups with pupils, where the role will begin as soon as possible and can be on a flexible basis, just let us know whether you are looking for full or part time work.
- Have a passion and drive to help young people succeed and reach their potential.
- You will have great behaviour management and communication skills and can help maintain a welcoming and supportive environment for learners.
- Able to build a strong rapport with both students and staff
- Essential that you have previous experience working with children and young people with Special Education Needs and Disabilities which we can reference
- Able to obtain suitable references and a DBS check
To be considered for the SEN Teaching Assistant position, you will:
- Be a dedicated Teaching Assistant who has previous experience supporting pupils or individuals with Special Educational Needs
- Able to build a rapport with both students and staff, and able to understand the individual needs of the pupils
- Demonstrate strong communication skills.
- Have a calm and caring nature
ABC Teachers are committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position is recent experience working within an SEND environment.
About ABC Teachers
ABC Teachers are a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What ABC Teachers offer
As a valued employee of ABC Teachers, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are an SEN Teaching Assistant can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via t