AUTOMATION SALES MANAGER
£50-65k + car + percentage-based commission
Well established as one of the UK's leading providers of bespoke automated machinery and systems this business is at an extremely exciting point in their growth. As a result of heavy investment by their owners and several high-profile project wins, this organisation is looking to expand their sales force. With a portfolio of customers including some of the biggest names in global manufacturing, the business now needs additional Automation Sales Managers to spearhead their next growth phase - the successful candidate will have a track record of selling complex systems into the tobacco manufacturing industry.
Main Purpose of the Role
• The role involves strategically identifying new opportunities within new and existing clients by developing high level relationships.
• Most of these clients are global, blue chip companies and so there is a requirement to do sophisticated presentations, hold strategic commercial meetings and potentially travel internationally from time to time.
• Being the first point of contact to conceptualise the solution with the client.
•You will also be expected to develop new business from incoming leads, exhibitions, networking existing accounts as well as prospecting from self-generated leads.
•Reviewing incoming enquiries and technical specifications with the design and project team
•Conduct 5-6 customer visits per week
•Dealing with multiple points of contact from Automation Engineers, through to Production Managers, Procurement and up to Director level.
Due to the technical complexity of this equipment, the role requires a qualified engineer as they will be project managing each order and will be involved in concept design with the customer.
To be successful in this role you must:
• Have an engineering qualification
• Sold bespoke complex automated equipment for a minimum of ten years
• Proven track record developing significant opportunities within clients in the tobacco industry
• Have experience presenting at a high level, travelling and conducting executive business meetings.
• Have strong commercial/business skills
How to Apply
Interviews are happening locally immediately, so don't delay! For further details please contact Matthew Townend by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or send your CV by clicking 'Apply'.
** Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK to apply for this position **
ATA Recruitment specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and general Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis - for more opportunities like this one, visit our website.
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.