We are seeking a Data Scientist for a Consulting role as an Analyst or Associate, depending on experience, to become an integral part of our team! This role is ideal for someone with 1 to 5+ years of experience who has a degree in CS, IT or MIS. Technical aptitude is required. Come be a part of a dynamic firm making significant impact at a wide variety of companies. We offer a competitive compensation package, including salary, performance bonus, and benefits.
- Critical Thinking: Are you known for the ability to analyze complex issues, decompose them in a structured way, and propose thoughtful solutions or alternatives?
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills: Can you tailor discussions based on the audience, from executives to assistants, and clearly articulate key messages that help drive decisions and actions?
- Drive and Motivation: Does learning new things and making a difference for companies energize you to go above and beyond?
- Well Organized and Structured: Can you juggle multiple initiatives simultaneously by identifying the optimal priority and sequence?
- Independent Learning and Self-Improvement: When you don’t know something, do you wait for someone to explain it to you or do you take the initiative to solve the problem yourself?
- Collaboration and Teamwork: Do you believe that we accomplish more as a team, than as individuals?
- Work with Veritas team of leading experts and knowledgeable clients to help transform organizations with process, people and technology improvements with a focus on technology
- Help define and clearly communicate the client’s requirement based on understanding their issues and needs
- Analyze internal and external data through quantitative research and analysis and develop tools to assist in that analysis
- Communicate detailed analysis and concepts through reports and presentations
- Facilitate the implementation of leading technology practices within leading energy companies
- Collaborate with team members and clients to drive alignment and coordination of technologies and solution design
- Perform technical duties including database development, data analysis, report development, report parallel and system testing, data analysis in BI and Tableau. Knowledge of SQL, Python, R, VBA, and C# are a plus.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Physics, MIS or Mathematics
- Previous experience in Data Science, including experience with Tableau and other reporting solutions, SQL queries and SQL database development, complex VBA macro development, and Python or R development.
- Previous experience within the energy industry including supply/marketing/trading, midstream and downstream logistics and operations, settlements & accounting, risk management, and compliance and controls
- Previous experience with leading commercial Energy Trading and Risk Management (ETRM) solutions
Veritas is a full-service, energy consulting firm. Our experienced team helps clients address their most important challenges.
We solve business challenges by helping define and achieve client goals. Using our industry expertise, fit-for-purpose approaches and applicable technology, we develop creative, breakthrough solutions that deliver practical and enduring results.
Role: Data Scientist with CS Proficiency
Apply for this job now.