Company: GULF COAST FAMILY OF DEALERSHIPS
Job Type: Apprenticeship, FullTime
Collision Shop Body Technician
Our company has an outstanding opportunity for a results-focused, highly driven, and experienced Body Technician. The Body Technician will satisfy customer demands by facilitating the process to provide repaired vehicles to customers that will exceed their expectations.
Paid weekly via flag hours. Compensation is based on experience and commensurate with Fortune 500 companies.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- 401K retirement savings plan
- Vacation time, holiday, and sick leave
- Company paid continuing education and training
- Examines damaged vehicles and efficiently plans repair process.
- Works and communicates with others on vehicle repair status.
- Performs quality repairs while keeping on-time status in mind.
- Makes decisions on repair vs. replace considering safety, cost and cycle time.
- Removes upholstery, accessories, electrical and hydraulic window operating equipment, and trim to gain access to vehicles and fenders.
- Participates in all required safety meetings.
- Files, grinds, and sands repaired surfaces, using power tools and hand tools.
- Directs the work of an apprentice in the performance of tasks when needed, i.e., unusual problems or questions, and explains procedures to assistant.
- Demonstrated ability to work professionally and courteously with customers
- Ability to communicate in English
- Ability to work in a fast paced work environment
- Ability to use frame machine
- Certification in body repair preferred
- Knowledge of vehicle repair process by the manufacturer.
- I-CAR welding certified.
- Skill in analyzing and interpreting measuring data.
- Ability to supervise repair personnel.
- Must be able to pass a thorough background check
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Professional appearance and strong work ethic
Gulf Coast Family of Dealerships located in Angleton, Texas is proud to be one of the premier Auto Parks in the Houston Metro area. From the moment you walk into one of our showrooms, you'll know our commitment to our employees is second to none. We strive to make your career with Gulf Coast a good one - until retirement. The Gulf Coast Family of Dealerships is looking for candidates whose work ethics incorporate a demonstrated commitment to excellence and a desire to be the best. Our company maintains a strong policy of equal employment opportunity for all associates. We hire, train, promote and compensate associates on the basis of personal and professional competence and potential for advancement without regard for race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability or citizenship, as well as other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.