Class 1 Driver - Days
Who are we?
Bibby Distribution Ltd has been operating under the Bibby Line Group umbrella since 1985 servicing household names from over 40 locations across the UK.
We're proud to be powered by our people -they're the heart of our success. A family owned business dating back over 200 years, we have a vibrant mix of colleagues up and down the country. From drivers, walkers, hikers, swimmers, runners, painters, singers and everything in between! Living our values by 'Working Together' and 'Trusting Each other' means that you are bound to meet people who will become friends along the way.
A bit about the role:
Excellent opportunities exist within Bibby Distribution Limited for Class 1 Drivers to become part of our operation, based at our operation in Preston. Based on a 52 hour week working Monday - Friday (varied start times) you'll be committed to delivering a first class service to our customers.
A day in the life as a HGV Driver for Bibby Distribution might look like:
- Ensuring all aspects of safety and customer site rules are adhered to
- Driving defensively and fuel efficiently at all times
- Ensuring all delivery and collection notes and paperwork are correct
- Providing accurate paperwork relevant to debriefing of allocated jobs
- Providing an exceptional standard of service to our customers
- Carry out pre-use checks prior to using any equipment / vehicle / trailer, complying with appropriate documentation &procedures
- Adhere to all H&S rules. Comply with other sites rules and maintain high standards of compliance, hygiene and housekeeping
What will make you a great fit for this role?
- Category C+E driving licence
- Minimum 12 months class 1 driving experience on UK roads
- No more than 6 penalty points
- No driving convictions
- An understanding of the law relating to drivers hours regulations and tachograph
- Clean driving licence
- Up to date drivers CPC
- Great communication and organisational skills
Let's talk perks…
- Overtime available after standard hours - paid at £11.39
- Discounts on days out, tickets, gym memberships, retailers, restaurants and more!
- Some of this month's picks - 30% off Adidas, 10% off Apple, 4% off Tesco!
- Free cash healthcare scheme for all employees including dependent children; 24/7 counselling & support, 24/7 GP helpline, dental, health screening & more
- Free eye care vouchers for VDU users; (free eye test & discount on glasses)
- Discount on mobile phone contracts with EE;
- Free CPC training
- Opportunity to win awards for good telematics scores
- Expanding portfolio of training opportunities
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays (okay okay okay ,we know this is an entitlement we just wanted to remind you!)
- Much more!
Ready to set the wheels in motion?
What are you waiting for! Send your CV and a covering letter to the email address below. Successful applicants will be invited to a face to face interview, as well as seeing our operation in person.