This position is at our Cypress California Location
(this is not a remote position)
The Admissions Advisor is responsible for enrolling prospective military or civilian students for the University’s undergraduate, graduate, and graduate degree/certificate programs of their choice. The most appropriate candidate will be driven to meet and /or exceed objectives. As a telephone based position, the successful Admissions Advisor will handle calls in a friendly timely manner as well as be results-driven, articulate, organized and enthusiastic. The Admissions Advisor plays an integral role in helping our prospective students begin to achieve their educational goals
- Contact prospective students and assist them with getting started on the path to enrollment, and address questions or concerns regarding the admissions process or programs of interest.
- Contact inquiring prospect students via the telephone or email in a timely manner, informing them about the University and its programs.
- Learning, understanding, and being able to articulate the academic programs and general policies and procedures of the institution.
- Participate in ethical and compliant admissions activities regarding prospective students
- Correctly provide requested information, or direct prospective student to appropriate department when necessary.
- Answer emails and phone calls in accordance with policy, or inform student when they can expect requested information.
- Consistently update prospective student on important upcoming dates, and information needed to finalize the enrollment process.
- Continuously stay updated on policies and procedures, as provided by the University.
- Consistently meet/exceed expected efficiency and job performance requirements.
- Maintaining a relevant understanding of regulations associated with the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) with regards to distribution of student information and ensuring regulations are followed at all times.
- All other duties as assigned.
When you work with Trident University, what you do matters!
If you meet the qualifications listed below, we encourage you to apply.
Candidate will be subject to a criminal background check.
- Bachelors’ Degree required.
- 1-2 years successful track record in admissions, inside sales and/or correspondence sales.
- Demonstrated experience in telephone customer service environment.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to learn new systems quickly.
- General knowledge of proprietary higher education market and industry.
- A demonstrated track record of success in achieving admissions goals along with exceptional customer service.
- General understanding of business, education, technology and health science programs of study.
- Strong working knowledge of the US military to serve our students who are Active Duty, Reserve, Veteran, or military spouses would be a plus.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication and listening abilities; dynamic telephone presence, active listening skills and adaptable interpersonal and public relations skills.
- A strong work ethic and a goal-oriented, self-motivated approach toward achieving consistent results.
- Must be able to represent the university in a professional manner, recruit and work with a diverse community and follow all policies and procedures with a keen attention to detail.
- Must be results oriented and have the ability to perform multiple tasks efficiently and effectively.
- High integrity with ability to achieve goals in an ethical manner.
- Reliability and initiative, time management, planning and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to adapt to change.
Role: Admission Advisor
Apply for this job now.