Banking today is a technology business, where digital ingenuity creates competitive advantage. At Credit Suisse, we are committed to delivering world-class technology innovation that enables our clients to reach their goals. CS's technology team is a critical commercial differentiator, creating products and services that enable the flow of financial information across the globe. We handle big challenges and create new products, using the latest technology to drive value for our business. We strive to provide applications that are robust, reliable and secure while continuously adapting to meet the evolving needs of clients both internally and externally. Our future depends on identifying and hiring the best people technologists in the financial world and bringing them together to serve our clients' needs. We offer an exemplary culture and a great working environment that nurtures collaboration and partnership; rewards excellence and encourages entrepreneurialism.
The Divisional Programs and RegTech Delivery (DPRD) team is responsible for delivering changes to the IT platforms necessary to ensure compliance with evolving regulatory requirements like SFTR, CFTC, EMIR, MIFIDII, QFC and other legislative initiatives. This specific role is for a full stack developer to join our team of experienced system engineers, architects and analysts located globally, and work on a new regulatory platform that uses cutting edge technology (based on Java11, Microservices, Machine Learning, Cloud, full DevOps etc.) to strategically serve the bank in meeting its compliance obligations with multiple regulatory bodies across the world.
The key deliverables include:
- Implementation of business and technical requirements using innovative technologies.
- Participate in architectural decisions and have the opportunity to play a pivotal role on how it evolves.
- Apply Agile / DevOps practices.
- Assist in the Product Backlog prioritization along with the Product owners.
- Close coordination with business and technology business partners to ensure the platform's value is maximized.
- Ensure that the regulatory engine has maximum operational stability and technical hygiene.
- Risk management and proactive implementation of changes to avoid outages.
- Awareness of technology trends to use as input in shaping the platform's future architecture.
- Ensure there is comprehensive documentation covering all aspects of the functionality and operation of the platform.
- Ensure the platform is aligned with Firmwide policies including Audit and Risk Assessment Reviews.
- Ensure 3rd level support.
This role is open to discussion regarding flexible / agile working. You Offer
Essentials Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related subject area or equivalent work experience.
- Results-oriented individual with excellent core Java (ideally version 8+), Spring and/or Micronaut skills.
- Strong SQL development (preferably Oracle) and query optimization.
- Demonstrable experience with web frameworks (ideally ReactJS).
- Experienced in Microservices and Kafka / Pulsar.
- Proficient in working using Agile frameworks and has excellent DevOps and Test-Driven Development skills.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Previous experience with Financial Regulations and/or Investment Banking.
- Cloud Technologies (ideally Azure)
Credit Suisse is committed to providing equal employment opportunities, regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, civil partnership, marital or family status, pregnancy, disability or any other status that is protected as a matter of local law.
For more information visit Technology Careers