About the Company: Rearden Steel Fabrication, Inc. specializes in structural and miscellaneous steel for commercial, industrial and institutional buildings and other structures. As an AISC Certified Fabricator, we have fabricated structures as large as 1,100 tons.
We have vast experience spanning 30 years in providing accurate estimates for a large variety of steel structures, as well as hard bid proposals based on completed design drawings. As a family-owned and operated small business, we are proud of our honesty, integrity, and expertise.
About the Job: Rearden Steel Fabrication, Inc. is seeking a Project Manager for structural steel and miscellaneous metal projects to perform selected duties at the direction of the Operations Manager and self-directed activities on assigned work. This position is based in Lemoyne, PA and requires occasional travel to field locations (typically within a 100-mile radius of Lemoyne, PA).
• Supervises, directs and motivates the project team during planning, estimating, fabricating, and installing assigned projects.
• Participates in pre-bid reviews and sales-to-operations turnover meetings to evaluate accuracy of the sales estimate and job layout.
• Analyzes plans, construction contract specifications and codes to determine project requirements.
• Manages the development of project plans in advance of project activity assuring effective execution by the project team; monitors progress to assure compliance with the pre-determined execution plan.
• Prepares progress billings, orders material and handles other miscellaneous project tasks.
• Utilizes financial and monthly forecasting to manage and contain costs.
• Pursues timely payments from the customer and authorizes payments to material suppliers and subcontractors.
• Obtains bids and selects reliable subcontractors to provide materials and services.
• Participates in on-site meetings to evaluate and incorporate field dimensions and applicable site condition.
• Participates in final walk thru and manages the completion of all close out documentation.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
• High School Diploma, or equivalent
• Degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, or similar, preferred.
• 5+ Years of experience in Construction Project Management, preferred.
• Experience in Steel Fabrication, Preferred.
• Demonstrated skills in estimating, submittals, invoicing, subcontractor procurement, scheduling, and contract document review.
• Prior experience with project related financial measurements.
• Strong leadership, listening, verbal and written communication skills are required.
• Must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing
• Knowledge or Microsoft Office applications with an emphasis on Excel
• Dedication to Safety
• One week of Paid Vacation (after first year and increases with tenure)
• Healthcare Reimbursement Plan
Rearden Steel Fabrication, Inc. is committed to providing a clean, safe, and healthful work environment for its employees. Maintaining a safe work environment, however, requires the continuous cooperation of all employees. Rearden Steel Fabrication, Inc. and all employees must comply with all occupational safety and health standards and regulations established by the Occupational Safety and Health Act and state and local regulations. In addition, all employees are expected to obey safety rules and exercise caution and common sense in all work activities.
Role: Project Manager
Apply for this job now.