Northshore Exteriors is the West Coast and Hawaii's premier contractor for all types of rainscreens, including Terra Cotta, Cement board and Phenolics as well as NorthClad Rainscreens and all types of metal siding, roofing, and specialty trim.
Northshore Exteriors Inc. is looking for professionals with AutoCAD experience to provide detail drawings and plans, assembly drawings, sketches, and diagrams. Northshore Drafters detail drawings to include all views and dimensions necessary for the manufacture of our products. As a Drafter, you will learn all information related to our products and be expected to convey that information in an understandable way. We are looking for motivated professionals who are able to meet deadlines and interested in following their projects through completion to ensure changes and quantities are adjusted appropriately.
· Understand the plans, specifications, and scope of work for assigned projects.
· Work from architectural drawings, sketches, scanned images, customer drawings, and specifications.
· Create 2D AutoCAD drawings for designated projects in accordance with the submittal process and schedule.
· Create and revise production drawings (detail plans and assembly drawings).
· Produce final details and plans, check dimensions of parts, materials, relation of one part to another, and relation of various parts to complete structure or project.
· Work closely with all departments in the factory to ensure that the drawings convey the correct information.
· Assist in material quantification and procurement.
· Assist in quantification regarding change order activity.
· Ensure customer satisfaction with a goal of repeat clients.
· Comply with Northshore filing and business procedures.
Required Skills and Abilities
· Proficient with AutoCAD sheet set manager.
· Proficient reading and interpreting architectural drawings.
· Proficient in Bluebeam Revu (PDF viewer) and Microsoft Office.
· Proficient managing multiple tasks and excelling in a fast-paced environment.
· Mechanical aptitude with ability to complete basic mathematical calculations.
· Ability and willingness to learn new techniques and engineering methods.
· Ability and willingness to work in a team environment.
· Organize information for use by others.
· A solid understanding of drafting standards and familiarity with engineering terminology.
· Effective communication skills.
Required Education and Experience
A minimum of an associate's degree in Computer Aided Design, architecture, or a related field and/or equivalent experience and training.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This position requires the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary. The ability to walk up satires may also be required.
This is a full-time position. Days of work are Monday through Friday.
At Northshore Exteriors we value our employees. It is our staff's remarkable capabilities that allow us to manufacture and install any dimensional aluminum item better than anyone else. For this reason, we offer all full benefits for all our full time positions including medical, dental, vision, accidental death and dismemberment, short-term disability, long term disability, and life insurance. In addition, employees are awarded with Simple Employee Pension retirement plan and paid time off.
Northshore Exteriors is a premier contractor in the West Coast and Hawaii for all types of architectural cladding including metal siding, roofing, and specialty trim. We are a unique company that brings precision manufacturing to the world of architectural cladding, with the latest equipment from the world's leading technology manufacturers.
Role: Architectural Drafter - AutoCAD
Apply for this job now.