Smart Teachers are recruiting Key Stage 1 and 2 Teaching Assistants to work in a range of schools across the London borough of Lewisham. The successful Key Stage 1 and 2 Teaching Assistants will have the option of both long-term work (for the duration of the academic year at the same school) and shorter-term work (ad hoc/block bookings at a variety of schools). Positions across EYFS, Key stage 1 and 2 will be available. Teaching Assistants who secure long-term work will be required to assist with 1:1 or groups of children, sometimes working with SEN children too and to help the wider school community.
Smart Teachers work with a range of schools in the London borough of Lewisham. These include LEA schools, faith schools, Independent schools and SEN schools.
To be considered for the Key Stage 1 and 2 Teaching Assistants position, you will:
- Require a relevant UK experience working with Children or equivalent
- Have or be willing to apply for a DBS.
- Having teaching experience within the UK
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Smart Teachers
Smart Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company Tes Global.
What Smart Teachers offer
As a valued employee of Smart Teachers, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (to commence when schools re-open, subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE online EduCare training package worth £390, including 38 accredited safeguarding and duty of care online courses.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a Key Stage 1 and 2 Teaching Assistants who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
For more information about this role and other opportunities across Smart Teachers, please contact our Primary Team on +44 207 065 7529
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.