Sharecare is the digital health company that helps people manage all their health in one place. The Sharecare platform provides each person – no matter where they are in their health journey – with a comprehensive and personalized health profile, where they can dynamically and easily connect to the information, evidence-based programs and health professionals they need to live their healthiest, happiest and most productive life. With award-winning and innovative frictionless technologies, scientifically validated clinical protocols and best-in-class coaching tools, Sharecare helps providers, employers and health plans effectively scale outcomes-based health and wellness solutions across their entire populations. We are always looking for people that value the opportunity to work hard, have fun on the job, and make a difference in the lives of others through their work every day!
Sharecare Health Data Services is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sharecare. The SCANNING SPECIALIST will demonstrate that they are culturally aligned with Sharecare Health Data Services, by displaying and working within the values of Servant Leadership, Family, Sharing Care, Compassion, Accountability and Respect for their leader and their peers. They will be innovative, open to change, and display honesty and integrity in all that they do.
· Scan and upload documents using scanner and imaging software.
· Index documents.
· Complete quality control checks including reviewing scan image quality and removing blank pages.
· Recognize documents that do need to be scanned verse those that do not need to be scanned.
· Maintain an accurate work log.
· Proficient in Windows operating system.
· Basic knowledge of medical terminology.
· Ability to operate scanning equipment.
· Ability to work in a high production environment while maintaining close attention to detail.
· Ability to work in a team environment.
· High school Diploma
· Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time
· Physical ability to lift and carry 25 lbs. of materials
· Manual dexterity and strength sufficient enough to enter information via computer keyboard for long periods of time, to write notes and information needed, and to pick up and hold paperwork, supplies and other items.
· Eyesight sufficient to effectively read documents and to accurately view information on a computer monitor
· Speaking and hearing ability sufficient to effectively communicate.
· Eye/hand coordination, hearing and visual acuity necessary for day to day tasks
Information Governance Accountabilities:
- A high-level understanding of the organization’s information governance program and role-specific accountabilities
- A thorough understanding of role requirements, including policies, procedures and processes, to include how individual work impacts the organization and its strategic and financial goals; and how tasks and projects affect the integrity of the organization’s data and information
- Commitment to discuss questions and recommendations about processes and any observed variations in performing tasks in order to ensure a standardized approach to work and services provided
- Participation in education as required for corporate compliance and role-specific functions and tasks
· Maintain privacy of all patient, employee and volunteer information and access such information only on a need to know basis for business purposes.
· Comply with all regulations regarding corporate integrity and security obligations
· Report unethical, fraudulent or unlawful behavior or activity
· Maintain current and yearly HIPAA certification.
Sharecare, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, equal pay, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other status protected under applicable law.
Sharecare Health Data Services, an affiliate of Sharecare, Inc., provides secure electronic exchange, delivery and integration of protected health information (PHI), adhering to the latest compliance standards and providing unmatched multi-step quality control processes. Sharecare Health Data Services include release of information (ROI), electronic health record (EHR) chart indexing, audit and chart review, disability and Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) form processing, and billing office workflow tools and services.
The company was founded as BACTES Imaging Solutions in 1991 on the principle that every person in the company would always treat every medical record as if it were their own. In 2013, the company was acquired by Sharecare, the digital health company that helps people manage all their health in one place. Sharecare Health Data Services provides its customers the benefits of professional, highly trained and experienced people, state-of-the-art technology, and a process that is based on the highest quality standards and risk mitigation. Customers receive comprehensive, customized and innovative services to help their organizations become more profitable, productive and secure.
Role: Scanning Specialist
Apply for this job now.