Timber Frame Workshop Operative
Area - Witney
Wage whilst a temp worker
Days (Monday to Thursday 06.00 to 16.30 - and - Friday 06.00 - 12 noon) - £10.08ph
Back Shift (Monday to Thursday 16.30 to 04.30) £11.59ph
Job Type - Temp to Perm after 12 weeks
28 days holiday which includes 8 days Bank Holiday
Due to the working hours and location, postcode area OX29, you must have your own transport.
Are you seeking an opportunity to develop professionally, build on your knowledge and widen your skill set?
Our client is one of the best in their field for their products and expertise within timber frame manufacturing.
Due to company growth, they are seeking 10 x Production Operatives for the back shift. You must be prepared to work at least 6 weeks on early day shift whilst undergoing training.
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your skills further through in-house training and to use your skills and knowledge within the role. There is a clear emphasis on safety; quality; and productivity. In keeping with the specific importance given to Health & Safety and the Environment by the company, you have specific accountabilities as set out in the company's Corporate Responsibility for Health & Safety and Environmental Policy
Reporting to the Production Supervisor, you will be a key member of the Manufacturing Team, responsible for manufacturing timber frame or joinery components.
Expertise and duties
- A background in joinery, metal work or fabrication workshops
- Proven work experience of manual work
- Good knowledge and grasp of basic arithmetic
- Ability to understand technical drawings is beneficial
- Ability to read drawings accurately and efficiently is beneficial
- Use of woodworking machines to a safe working standard
- Keep to the high working specifications at all times during the manufacture of the timber frames
- You will be cutting components on a variety of CNC and cross-cut saws
- You may be involved in the assembly of timber frame wall panels, floor cassettes and roof panels using pneumatic nail-guns and staplers
- General woodwork, nail-gun and cutter experience would be an advantage but not essential, as full training will be given.
- Keeping a clean and tidy working environment
- You may be involved with erecting timber frame panels on site
- Checking and measuring at all times to make sure all items are correct
- Work to deadlines
- Ensure work areas are well kept and left as a safe working environment
- Ensure compliance with the Quality Management System at all times
- Operate with the highest regard to Health & Safety ensuring compliance with the Health & Safety policy
Role: Timber Frame Workshop Operatives
Apply for this job now.