Finance Manager£40,000 - £45,000 + 10-20% bonus & benefits
Aila is excited to announce an exclusive partnership with an extremely exciting, focused global technology company in the recruitment of a Divisional Finance Manager in Hemel Hempstead. This individual will be the Finance Manager of an interesting £16m turnover division of an exciting international group of companies that has a turnover of c. €1bn.
Although this business has global backing and support, it has an entrepreneurial, relaxed and open door policy in the UK.
This company has an impressive growth story and a modern and relaxed culture that offers flexibility, support and a fun working environment. The business has grown rapidly in recent years and they’re at the forefront of modern technology, sustainability and safety.
They’re implementing some exciting changes to facilitate their growth, including a system change globally in the next 18 months.
We’re supporting them to find an ACCA/CIMA Finalist and experienced Management Accountant looking for their first move into a Finance Manager role, or a Finance Manager that is comfortable looking after everything in a month end capacity, whilst managing a couple of transactional staff. You will be happy to get involved in a variety of finance tasks, including board reports, management accounting, reporting, project profitability analysis and investment analysis.
Although this is a Financial Controller role, it will suit somebody looking for a varied finance position with exposure to lots of business partnering, analysis and commercial elements to their position, with the desire to develop further as the business and division grows. Key Responsibilities:
- Monthly management accounts preparation and reporting including detail sales & margin analysis
- Monthly reporting requirements to Group, including liquidity forecasting/intercompany balance/lease reporting
- Fleet management including associated administration
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Preparation of monthly payroll data for submission to payroll bureau
- HMRC/ONS returns including VAT, PAYE, CIS & P11Ds
- All aspects of management accounts prep including detailed analysis/understanding of sales & margin, journal preparation and processing (working to tight deadlines)
- Project Accounting/WIP/Valuations
- Monthly and quarterly balance sheet account reconciliation
- Submission of reports through portal to Group and resolving issues which arise such as intercompany differences
- Liaison with leasing company and reordering and returning of vehicles/fuel cards
- Preparation of source data for payroll, including overtime, pensions /reconciling payroll pre BACS run
- Completing reconciliation of HMRC returns and making relevant payments
- Supporting Accounts Assistant and Credit Controller
To be successful in this role, you will be a Part Qualified/Finalist or Qualified by Experience Accountant with a varied finance background and the ability to manage monthly management accounts and be comfortable tracking analysis and P&L variations. You will need excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work across multiple stakeholders. Ideally, you will also have experience of working within a fast-paced and ever changing finance department and be comfortable with things changing at an electric pace.
Aila is a specialist finance recruitment business that was established with a modern vision of what a recruitment partner should be. With a genuine goal to provide the best jobs to the best people, we operate as an extended arm of our client’s business and a career coach for our candidates ongoing development.
Apply now for more information on this role. If you’re looking to make a move but this role is different to what you’re looking for, get in contact with us today and start a partnership with a finance agency that puts you first.